onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Williams

valeparklife

Advert

Really? Looking at his stats he is abit of a one season wonder a little like Tom. At 28 they seem like pretty similar players.

His last 3 seasons in league 1 he managed:

16 in 35

11 in 40

21 in 46

So overall in the past three years in league 1 hes managed 48 in 121, very decent.

Popes last 2 seasons in league 1:

12 in 43

8 in 34

Overall 20 in 77

Williams has a better record at this level than pope in recent years and has just had his best yet, which is the key point imo. Williams seems to have peaked now, I do agree before the last three seasons his record isnt as good as i first thought

He also played in a decent Swindon side where as Pope wasn't really given the best support by the players around him. Williams is a good player but at 28 and for the wages he would have demanded I am glad he went to Doncaster.

Would have loved him here, Pope missed loads and was crap all season regardless of the side.

To be honest being in the market means nothing if Smurf is offering them weak wages. We are still working to a reduced budget so it remains to be seen what sort of strikers we will tempt. I would imagine that Doncaster have lots of money if that bloke from 1 direction is still sticking his money in.

Don't understand this, he will be on around 4k a week and had offers from Bradford and Sheff Utd too. Why would be let Pope go if we were willing to pay decent wages for Williams?

We probably weren't willing to match his demands hence him rejecting our deal.

We can go in for any decent player but without stumping up the money we'll get knocked back 9 times out of 10. That's when you end up with Cambridge players.

We probably weren't willing to match his demands hence him rejecting our deal.

We can go in for any decent player but without stumping up the money we'll get knocked back 9 times out of 10. That's when you end up with Cambridge players.

Or maybe we offered a very good deal and Doncaster offered an even better one? And maybe theyve seen something in the cambridge lad, maybe he has something, I do love the pre judgement of some on here

His last 3 seasons in league 1 he managed:

16 in 35

11 in 40

21 in 46

So overall in the past three years in league 1 hes managed 48 in 121, very decent.

Popes last 2 seasons in league 1:

12 in 43

8 in 34

Overall 20 in 77

Williams has a better record at this level than pope in recent years and has just had his best yet, which is the key point imo. Williams seems to have peaked now, I do agree before the last three seasons his record isnt as good as i first thought

Not really 13/14 he scored no goals at all , is that what you class as proven ? Imagine your rants if pope went a season with no goals

Archived