onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Williams

valeparklife

Advert

I wonder if Vale are interested in that JJ Hooper from Havant and waterloovile :). 21 years old. He scored 20 goals in 29 games last season for them. Got released by Newcastle. I wonder if he knows Streete from his days at Newcastle utd. Smurf did drop a heavy hint about a young striker signing. A new young striker who could be signing for Vale in the summer and he could develop at Vale then become a valuable asset to the club.

Sorry I know it hasn't got noting to do with Andy Williams topic.

My thinking Bon'Ami is one of Chris Neal saving us a more than just a few points last season :yes:

Exactly Barry, I assumed (perhaps incorrectly), the 'The Save' 593 was alluding to was the one in the last minute at Yeovil, a super save but it was not that 'one save' that kept us up - the entire seasons football by each and every player who pulled on the shirt throughout the league season kept us up - certainly it was neither Pope's goals, Neal's saves or Duffy's defending.

I try not to criticise players and if you notice, I did not criticise Neal in my post, merely pointed out that his save was not the defining point of our season.

Back on topic, I firmly believe that Norman and Rob will find a forward line hat will meet or needs, but I would rather Norman told us when he had signed someone rather than when he had not. In fact, in my opinion Norman would have been better off saying that we had looked at Williams but decided we have better options in the pipeline whilst wishing the lad every success at Doncaster (excepting when they play us that is).

Only my opinion of course!

Not too interested in who we could have signed, more interested in Smurf telling us who we HAVE signed. The point is he chose another club at our level who were obviously a better prospect in his opinion - for whatever reason, although that was probably money and ambition!

We have allowed 20 goals to simply walk out of the club, that's not counting the assists they made for others - for a team that managed only 55 goals last season and avoided the drop by a mere 4 points that's pretty alarming in my view.

Whatever we thought of either Williamson or Pope, their goals were crucial to us staying up, now we need to not only better that goals tally, but also replace those goals for less money!

I'm sorry, but for me the maths simply does not add up and unfortunately, until we can drop this tag of 'Cash Strapped' Port Vale we will continue to struggle to attract the type of player required to push us on.

Wrong....

That 20 goals we let walk out the club were between 2 strikers let's not forgot one of which apparently was on a ridulously huge contract so surely that investment should have guaranteed us 30 odd goals from him alone right? Now u telling me that u wouldnt have been happy letting them 2 players go and replacing them with a striker who scored more goals last season then them 2 put together plus still have the wages freed up to further strengthen? Smurf got unlucky with this one but it just shows what calibre of player he's after.

That 20 goals we let walk out the club were between 2 strikers let's not forgot one of which apparently was on a ridulously huge contract so surely that investment should have guaranteed us 30 odd goals from him alone right? Now u telling me that u wouldnt have been happy letting them 2 players go and replacing them with a striker who scored more goals last season then them 2 put together plus still have the wages freed up to further strengthen? Smurf got unlucky with this one but it just shows what calibre of player he's after.

But we didn't sign him Michael, he signed for our competitors, so looking at it from your point of view we are now 30-odd goals down.

But at least we have Pope's huge wage freed up to tempt new strikers into the club........oh, hang on, no he signed for someone else!

Yes he signed for someone else my point is that if it had gone to plan surely you would have been very happy and realised smurf was right all along to only offer Pope what he's actually worth and if someone wants pay him more then off he goes, if u cud pick to have Williams or Pope in your team obviously you'd pick Williams it's just a shame Smurf cudnt quite get that one over the line.

Yes he signed for someone else my point is that if it had gone to plan surely you would have been very happy and realised smurf was right all along to only offer Pope what he's actually worth and if someone wants pay him more then off he goes, if u cud pick to have Williams or Pope in your team obviously you'd pick Williams it's just a shame Smurf cudnt quite get that one over the line.

Doncaster didn't. They picked Pope first. He just chose to go elsewhere, so they went for Williams.

Archived