onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 2 PNE 2 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

O'connor was superb, endless effort and scored 2 goals under pressure. He's been consistent throughout the season and I thoroughly hope he stays for a promotion push next season.

Marshall is frustrating, always does too much and looses the ball but he put lots of effort in.

Was that Duffy's last ever game in a vale shirt?

Advert

O'connor was superb, endless effort and scored 2 goals under pressure. He's been consistent throughout the season and I thoroughly hope he stays for a promotion push next season.

Marshall is frustrating, always does too much and looses the ball but he put lots of effort in.

Was that Duffy's last ever game in a vale shirt?

I think any mistakes Marshall ever makes is made up for by his workrate.

I'm not usually a fan of 'run themselves into the ground' players but Marshall is special. Great ability, great attitude. Needs to be secured for next season.

just got back in, a very well earned point,tremendous second half, don't suppose preston noob end are happy but a point is all they deserved, if anything they dictated the first half. mom defo o k that point may be the one that keeps us up,all will be clearer at 5.oclock tomorrow.UTV.:clap:

The game was turned on it's head when Popey came on. In the first half we didn't have a forward line as our front two were too lightweight and 'powder puff'.

For me tonight shows just how much we need Tom to be signed up for next term.

In regard to Chris Neal both of their goals should have been disallowed for obstructions on the keeper.

Thanks Vale for not letting that horrible team get the three points that would have pretty much sealed promotion.

The first goal the player on the ground scooped the ball with his hand to the guy that scored.

A great point but regret to say that both their goals were gifted by Chris Neale's failure to deal with crosses that were clearly goalkeepers balls. He may well have been fouled for the second goal but had he collected the ball, as he should, then Duffy would not have been sent off. A double whammy. I do rate him as a goalkeeper but he must learn to control his box.

When did we last have a keeper who came off his line and controlled his box? What has been the common denominator with all those keepers?!!

That second half performance was outstanding. They were little more than a hoof ball team who pressed a lot. I've seen far better footballing teams at Vale.

The game was turned on it's head when Popey came on. In the first half we didn't have a forward line as our front two were too lightweight and 'powder puff'.

For me tonight shows just how much we need Tom to be signed up for next term.

In regard to Chris Neal both of their goals should have been disallowed for obstructions on the keeper.

Thanks Vale for not letting that horrible team get the three points that would have pretty much sealed promotion.

Im glad someone else thinks Neale was fouled, the second goal particularly,Pope made a massive difference in the second half and could have won it if he had not snatched at the chance with their keeper miles out of his area,

I agree with Ray Williams and think Popey will be a Vale player next season.

Firstly we'll done to the crowd, great atmosphere.

We'll done Rob Page. The difference second half, in my opinion, was the the fact that the players were given more freedom. First half Marshall never really moved off the line. Second half he was all the way across the midfield.

The movement in the first half was woeful. The number of long balls to the front men was embarrassing. They weren't even good long balls, just long high balls. Second half we actually moved more and as such found more space.

Well done Neill Collins. Excellent game again.

Michael O'Connor must have nerves of steel. I was a wreck!!!

When did we last have a keeper who came off his line and controlled his box? What has been the common denominator with all those keepers?!!

That second half performance was outstanding. They were little more than a hoof ball team who pressed a lot. I've seen far better footballing teams at Vale.

Totally agree, Jean. A graduate of the Grew School of Goalkeeping.

What will the moaners moan about now? Champion was shiiiiit. Thankfully Popey came on and let their defence know they were in a game.

The ref was shocking , but were used to that at Vale park.

Still very pleased tk take points off such scummy horrible side. I hate these more than Bradford after that cheating performance

I don't disagree with you.

The problem is - all teams know that we are weak in the air at the back, although Collins and Inniss have made huge contributions towards putting this right. Collins was excellent tonight but has barely been mentioned. They have strikers coming out of the woodwork (look at their three subs tonight) but we coped superbly well.

Teams will pump high balls into our box and they will test out the keeper. We need to improve in this regard and try and encourage both Neal and Johnson to come off their line with conviction and determination, not like a wet lettice. He may have been impeded but we have to do better. Their two goals were gifted to them and not the result of great play.

Archived