onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 2 PNE 2 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Advert

Agreed, best keeper we've had at Vale for a long time

Goodlad aside, I can't remember us having a better 'keeper in my 25 odd years going. I loved Mussy but I'm far happier with a goalie that doesn't cause a shortness of breath with every pass back!

What about the tactic of leaving the grass uncut and not watered? Masterstroke.

He'll be better next season for sure given what has happened this season.

Cut him some slack for goodness sake. That applies to the regular Page bashers too.

How- it's obvious!!! Did he tactically get Duffy to get himself sent off!?!

Last night was a good point gained but remind me how many games ago the last win was Ray? It's not good enough, our squad is better than that.

When a side goes down to 10 men and have character they automatically raise their game by 10% to compensate. Nothing to do with Page. I don't know why they don't start a game like this but adrenalin must set in. The crowd also played a massive part, the way they got behind the team.

On the other hand I can understand you to a point. My nemesis has gone and I feel great about that but it was different. Personal and all that.

I thought the last 2 home games, against two of the top teams in the league going for promotion, were excellent entertainment value and that we thoroughly deserved the two results.

In the past we've folded against quality teams and lost 1-4 or something like that but we battled hard, chased everything and were fully committed, even with 10 men.

We did look suspect from high balls but you are spot on. Gallagher's corners were as good as anything we've seen all season.

That was some performance by the magnificent 10 last night. Micheal Brown was running around like he was still in his youth,the Pontiff certainly made the difference when he came on with his strength and experience. Collins was solid but I would like to see Freddie playing along side him, Verseli looks uncomfortable at times at right back but looks the bussiness when playing in the middle of the back four. Michael OConnor showed some balls to take them pens but how cool was he, well done all of you that attended this nail biting event at Vale Park including the large following from Preston, the atmosphere was electric.

Looked nervous and outclassed in the 1st half. Good character in the second half to get a hard earned point. Last 2 home games have been good performances against teams at the top, plenty of effort from the players and the crowd were right behind them. Still not 100% convinced by Page but deserves credit for the results this week.

Thought it was interesting that our 4800 loyal supporters were load and proud instead of having an extra 3000 'take it or leave it" fans showing up and moaning.

It reminded me of way back when Sheff Utd visited on New Year's Day top of the league, and we were so far adrift at the bottom we needed snookers even at that time of the season. There were 5000 + of them, we won 2-0 against all the odds and the paddock was rocking with less than was there last night.

not seen it mentioned (might of missed it celerbrating,) but the the attendaance given last night 7000 odd, seemed way off, if Preston brought approx. 4000, there was more than 3000 Vale fans. Or has Smurf found Billy's "how to doctor the attendance fig's" note's?

not seen it mentioned (might of missed it celerbrating,) but the the attendaance given last night 7000 odd, seemed way off, if Preston brought approx. 4000, there was more than 3000 Vale fans. Or has Smurf found Billy's "how to doctor the attendance fig's" note's?

Just over 2400 from Preston Davebrad.;)

2346 Preston fans.

Archived