onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 21st Feb 2015, Port Vale v Doncaster R, pre-match, the match itself

Fosse69

Would he really close the club?

Well done for coming to an agreement.

Is this the end of the saga with the police or is it set to continue?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Claims-Norman-Smurthwaite-threatened/story-26057847-detail/story.html

The Sentinel reporter has clearly just plagiarised that link put up before from Staffs police. They really do just traul here for something to write about.

Advert

My suggestion that there was a cash flow crisis at the club was ridiculed by some on here, this statement seems to suggest the same...

Chief of Police " Norm pay the bill"

Norm " We got millions in the bank but im not paying it"

Not much of a negotiation tactic is it

Would he really close the club? - NO

Well done for coming to an agreement. - HE HASNT

Is this the end of the saga with the police or is it set to continue? NO AND YES

Smurf obviously has a real problem with the costing of the Police presence at Vale Park. I wouldn't have thought that Smurf, or anyone for that matter, would want to rile the police for no reason. I genuinely think there must be something in Smurf's argument. The questions are therefore A- is it too much and B- Why has no one question it before?

So as the game is going ahead, a team. Not quite what Page will go with as Williamson seems to have a guaranteed spot but still:

---------Neal----------

Vaseli--Inniss--Robertson--Dickinson

Moore---O'Connor--Brown--Marshall

----------Pope--Campion--------

Williamson as 'super sub'

At least Smurf fights the police bills. Look how he took them on after the Wolves farce. Valiant 2001 never questioned them' date=' just let the bills build up unpaid. I know someone in the police and they are quite critical of Smurf for the way he deals with police, but in reality he is a business man and he should not be subject to pay blank cheques without questioning it.[/quote']

it's the easy money mindset of the police,if they can lay the charges on without quibble then they will

To be honest since the Barnsley trouble there has been crazy amounts of policing, sometimes you would think we were playing in front of 2000 away fans when there is 3-400.

from what I can gather should be 7-800 Donny tomorrow, sold out their 600 and a few will POTD

It's a licence to print money for the police.

All they have to say is 'we have intelligence' and they think this justifies them charging Vale £13k, which they then expect Smurf to pay up while smiling sweetly. I can't think of any other situation where a public body, paid for by taxpayers, is expected to be allowed to act in this way without challenge.

Well done for standing up to them Smurf.

why don't we move the away fans to the corner near the Lorne street in the hamil end then fans coming out of the railway end at the end of the game made to walk to the bycars end where they can turn left to go to burslem or right to go up to lorne street and through the side streets back to hamil road this would keep both sets of fans from meeting up at the end of the game like crewe do for there game against vale

The Police's current M.O. of changing the category of the fixture at very short notice (on the afternoon of the game when we played Cardiff) and putting a gun to the football club's head needs further scrutiny.

On that evening the 'intelligence' they had was duff, and it's likely to be the case again tomorrow.

Vale have had a number of problems with policing costs over the years and they are not the only club to suffer in this way. If an agreement was made at the beginning of the season over the categorisation of matches, I can see little justification for that decision to be changed a few days before the game on the basis of some nebulous "intelligence". I assume this information will relate to a small number of fans from each team. Why should that lead to a re-categorisation of the game rather than simply using the policing already in place to deal with any possible problem rather than hang about at the corner of the ground twiddling their thumbs.

Another point is that the football ground is not owned by the football club so could this be a loophole in the law with regard to charging for policing or am I clutching at straws there?

Finally, if the small minority of numpties who attach themselves to the club in order to make a ****** nuisance of themselves would just beggar off then our policing costs would virtually disappear.

Archived