onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 21st Feb 2015, Port Vale v Doncaster R, pre-match, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

I dont agree with the saying if the players win the last match they should start the next game .

Sometimes a player who the opposition aint done there homework on can be the difference .

The back four deserve start the next game though.

Lines is a luxury we dont seem be able get the best out of ,yes he can pass the ball well ,but where r the intricate one twos which get him in on goal.

How many good corners has he put in ?

Doncaster will be defeated if we play like our lives depend on it .

Glad Moore is in the frame ,a player with that much balance and skill is a crowd pleaser .

Thats what we want to be lifted (lighthouse family )

Vale to win.4-0 Pope 2Moore and Marshall .

I agree' date=' but all those now talking about the playoffs wanted Page out and thought we were going down on Friday. It just goes to show how ridiculous this website is. On Andy D'Urso's decision do your pitch forks remain at home.[/quote']

It still baffles me how many want Page gone after all since taking over with Adams players his overall record isnt too bad won-10 drawn 4 lost 11,look how highly rated Warburton is at Brentford yet i didnt realise he has only managed for 61 games in his career,i think Page will be fine and hopefully he will sign up and build his own squad in the summer

I thought he did ok, albeit it was difficult to judge in such a short period. Perhaps not as strong as you would like to see from a League 1 player, but he showed one or two decent touches.

The team will be the same as the one that started the second half at Walsall. It's a bit too attacking for my liking against a team in form, but I'm not sure what other options there are to make it more solid.

I would sooner get Doncaster worry about us with us being at home,lets go for it,if we lose we lose but i would sooner us lose going for it than being negative like we have in the last couple of home games

Game might not be going ahead apparently

http://goo.gl/tmHPMR

The game will go ahead but Smurf is right to fight the police tooth and nail. They get a tiny bit of "intel" and then police these League 1 games like it's World War 3. Police outnumber any potential trouble makers by about 3 to 1. It is a disgrace. Tomorrow, you could have a "1 and 7" which basically means one police van. This van could be positioned on the Hamil Road car park. Coupled with the stewards doing their job, this would easily suffice.

However, they'll be trying to slap on a Category A due to demand for overtime. Cat A cost Vale about £20,000 a game.

The game will go ahead but Smurf is right to fight the police tooth and nail. They get a tiny bit of "intel" and then police these League 1 games like it's World War 3. Police outnumber any potential trouble makers by about 3 to 1. It is a disgrace. Tomorrow, you could have a "1 and 7" which basically means one police van. This van could be positioned on the Hamil Road car park. Coupled with the stewards doing their job, this would easily suffice.

However, they'll be trying to slap on a Category A due to demand for overtime. Cat A cost Vale about £20,000 a game.

Totally agree. I would be happy with Norm fighting this to the end. There were no problems at the reverse fixture, and Donny will bring no more than 500.

At least Smurf fights the police bills. Look how he took them on after the Wolves farce. Valiant 2001 never questioned them, just let the bills build up unpaid. I know someone in the police and they are quite critical of Smurf for the way he deals with police, but in reality he is a business man and he should not be subject to pay blank cheques without questioning it.

Archived