onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Gillingham 1

Caz or caz123

Very enjoyable old type of game.End to end football which is always good to watch.It was a good battling game.Could have possibly been more than 2-1.Seemed to be a lot of balls going into the 6 yard box but often there was no body there.A very well done to to Rob Page and the lads.Atmosphere was good,even more so second half made a cold day feel a bit warmer.Pity there wasn't a few more there see the game as we are heading in the right direction.The future is starting to look brighter.
:clap::clap::clap:

Advert

In fairness to Linsey, yes he was guilty of giving the ball away a couple of times, but he stretched Gillingham when he came on and created a lot of space that simply wasn't there before he came on. Vesseli, Dodds and Yates did well but Duffy needs dropping. A good outcome to an average performance against a very poor team.

It was an entertaining game but for me a very mixed performance, very good at times and then very poor, some of our passing drove me mad and we were very sloppy in letting them in on a few occasions and a better side would have punished us today. It's always great to score a winner late on though to forget the many mistakes on a difficult pitch and we showed a lot of grit and determination to win it in the end. Great three points! :upthevale:

It was a mixed display today but the pitch was sticky and all 22 players have played a lot lately.

I liked the way we kept going until the end and we perhaps just about deserved the winner as we'd missed 3-4 clear cut chances in the second half.

Credit to both teams for their efforts. They too were trying to win the game and broke very quickly. Despite a lack of quality at times it was an entertaining, end to end affair.

And 3 lads were get criticised a lot on here were all very good today - BW,LD & CD.

I think the fans were booing because of Willo being taken off when he was having a very good game.

Could have won by more, not including the 2disallowed goals, there was never going to be 6000 there against Gills and someone posting about pitch inspections probably didn't help, think there will be more at the next game.willo and Vesalli the two stand outs for me, and I know it's a game of opinions but I thought Dodds did nothing today.

Veseli was again immense. So assured and love his forays forward. However unfortunately Duffy was dire. He gives everyone the jitters including himself when he has the ball and gifted them a goal with a pathetic dilly dallying. hope we get Streete back to partner Freddy as we show too much respect to poor teams with Duffy biggest culprit. Sorry.

Funny old game as you could easily say on another day if we had taken all our chances we could have scored 6 or 7, but still a very poor Gills team kept in the game by our insistence on allowing them far too much space and time. We were fortunate that they were so bad that they did not take advantage.

Magic to win so later on(sorry Gills fans) but that has happened to us more times than I like to recall.

Brown probably had his worst game in a Vale shirt and should have been taken off long before he actually was.

Take the 3 points and move on. Nice to see us up the table. Very poor attendance so assume Norm not that happy as it's clear with a couple of new good signings we could challenge further but he will not dip into his jar again until the lethargic public wake up to what a good, solid, progressive job is going on at Vale.

I booed today, it wasn't necessarily at anything other than at our inability to kill a team when we have the chance and they are there for the taking!! Ben's chance just before his goal was easier than the one he scored and we were later made to regret that miss! I know we won and I don't want to sound negative or taint the victory but at home we need to go two up top, they were there for the taking today and if Ben had got a little bit of help closer to we'd have had a more comfortable win!

I booed today, it wasn't necessarily at anything other than at our inability to kill a team when we have the chance and they are there for the taking!! Ben's chance just before his goal was easier than the one he scored and we were later made to regret that miss! I know we won and I don't want to sound negative or taint the victory but at home we need to go two up top, they were there for the taking today and if Ben had got a little bit of help closer to we'd have had a more comfortable win!

I disagree, look at our home form; that clearly suggests we don't need to go two up top.

The only clinical player we have is Pope, so when he's out it should come as no major surprise to anyone that we're not putting teams to the sword no matter how average or poor they are. I'm also still baffled as to why Page see's N'Guessan as a wide player. Surely he should be the main target man whenever Pope's not in the team, and have Williamson buzzing around him?

Archived