onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer window

LancyTony

Realistically I think we'll see Jennings go, a few of the new kids go out on loan and Campion & Veseli signing a permanent deal

Ideally, Dickinson and Yates will be replaced, especially with McGivern injured. We can't afford to keep conceding every game, unfortunately they are not top six quality.

Streete and/or Grimmer coming back to partner Veseli at CB would be nice....

As posted above I am very concerned about Page wanting to sign Birchall up long term....he's 30 and overweight, he was a great player, moving for decent money, world cup finals and scored one of the best goals I've ever seen against Barnsley back in 04/05 but he's over the hill now and not the kind of quality you need to win promotion out of this cess pit and get back into the 2nd division.

Agree with that.

Advert

This is the real pantomime season... whoever signs some will disagree and offer "better" alternatives.

Some will say we need defenders and the cry goes up "Oh no we dont" we need midfielders..."Oh no we dont" we need strikers... I hope "X" signs/stays.... booo Sssssss ..."Y" is better... and on and on and on.

The only good thing about the discussion is that it shows people have different opinions about how we need to improve and that they care that we do... the man at the cutting edge,.. Im not sure if its page or smurf,.. has to make the decisions and we have to accept it... some will like it "Oh no they wont" others wont "Oh yes they will".... Sssss boooo hes behind you.....

I expect Jennings to make his loan move permanent. Slew obviously won't be kept either. I don't know how much room in the budget will be created but Page needs to wheel and deal the fringe players and create room for improvement in the squad. Moore needs to go somewhere to clear his head and get some game time and match fitness.

Veseli needs his future sorting out. I never thought I'd hear myself say I'd be disappointed if he left six weeks ago. The fact that Micky bought both of our current central defensive partnership with the intention of playing right back says a lot about him signing square pegs, and also the quality of his first choice central defenders.

We also need a bit more clarity about the endless stream of players who we seem to sign and then lock away in a cupboard, nowhere to be seen. I said after the Coventry defeat that Page inherited an unbalanced squad and it's important he gets the opportunity to rebuild it in his vision with players he actually trusts enough to pick.

I think Veseli is a must to get signed up and on a long term permanent deal if possible as if he continues to play at CB he will be one who we will be able to sell for a decent amount in a few years imo

I think Veseli is a must to get signed up and on a long term permanent deal if possible as if he continues to play at CB he will be one who we will be able to sell for a decent amount in a few years imo
It will depend upon whether the Tractor Boys' transfer fee is acceptable.

Whoever we sign and release I hope it is by agreement between Chairman and Manager. I wish people would stop venting their spite against Yates and admit they were wrong to keep condemning him. For those who were watching the Swindon goal came when Veseli slipped as he was about to jump. His subsequent jump was weak and late so the Swindon player easily outjumped him. Yates tried to cover but was too late. That is not a condemnation of Veseli. Such things can happen even to the best, e.g. Gerrard against Chelsea last year, and should not out weigh the tremendous amount of good work he did in the match - tackles,interceptions, carrying the ball forward and passing it to Vale players.

I expect Jennings to make his loan move permanent. Slew obviously won't be kept either. I don't know how much room in the budget will be created but Page needs to wheel and deal the fringe players and create room for improvement in the squad. Moore needs to go somewhere to clear his head and get some game time and match fitness.

Veseli needs his future sorting out. I never thought I'd hear myself say I'd be disappointed if he left six weeks ago. The fact that Micky bought both of our current central defensive partnership with the intention of playing right back says a lot about him signing square pegs, and also the quality of his first choice central defenders.

We also need a bit more clarity about the endless stream of players who we seem to sign and then lock away in a cupboard, nowhere to be seen. I said after the Coventry defeat that Page inherited an unbalanced squad and it's important he gets the opportunity to rebuild it in his vision with players he actually trusts enough to pick.

How Page thinks that Dodds,Williamson,Birchall,Yates and Dickinson are up to League One standard is quite alarming?

I'd throw the Sierra Leone lad in at left back at some stage(Deen-Conteh is it?), surely he has to have more potential and positional awareness than Dickinson? I'd forgotten about Greenidge I'd imagine he is with a view to next season if we keep him along with Andoh and Deen-Conteh? As I said it maybe worth blooding these lads and some point before May even if it's 15 minutes off the bench to see what they can do.

Archived