onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 20th Dec 2014, Crawley Town v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

even if we win today with this team, I wont be holding my hands up and say page got it right - with a 'proper' team selection, we may well have won more convincingly

was thinking we'd won this 2-1, now think 1-1 would be satisfactory with this team

Advert

I think Page's thinking is 'play it safe' by picking a team he knows. Trouble is it's an unadventurous team in a game we have to win given recent results and upcoming fixtures. He's restricted without Lines but I think it's still a poor selection. I hope I'm wrong and we come home with three much needed points. A defeat will be a disaster and will put Page under pressure.

Personally I'd have stuck with Neal, Yates, Robertson and McGivern / Dickinson across the back (one of Dicko or McGivern on the bench) and across the middle I'd have Marshall, O'Connor, Brown and N'Guessan (who's played plenty of left wing football at previous clubs) then I'd have taken a chance on Campion up front with Dodds just between him and the midfield two, like he did with Popey when they were free scoring. If it didn't work a sensible bench could allow for a return to 4-4-2. But hey, what do I know?

Let's be fair on page. Performances have improved since the dire times with micky. He's a young manager and he definitely seems more of a man manager than micky was.

However, page has to be more flexible with his selections. Robbo has done nothing to be dropped. Dickinson has been terrible, but as McGivern isn't on the bench can he not play? If he can't dicko has to play. Dodds shouldn't be in the team, if we are short for a wide man we have Byron Moore and Ryan Lloyd who has both done enough to get a try. If Dodds is to play behind the striker he needs a target man to play with. Nguessen just doesn't have the legs to play wide. He should be central.

Then campion, deserves a chance. But maybe if we're only playing one up front I'd have nguessen on his own.

It's not doom and gloom, page just needs to learn his lessons.

I think Page's thinking is 'play it safe' by picking a team he knows. Trouble is it's an unadventurous team in a game we have to win given recent results and upcoming fixtures. He's restricted without Lines but I think it's still a poor selection. I hope I'm wrong and we come home with three much needed points. A defeat will be a disaster and will put Page under pressure.

Personally I'd have stuck with Neal, Yates, Robertson, Vaselli and McGivern / Dickinson across the back (one of Dicko or McGivern on the bench) and across the middle I'd have Marshall, O'Connor, Brown and N'Guessan (who's played plenty of left wing football at previous clubs) then I'd have taken a chance on Campion up front with Dodds just between him and the midfield two, like he did with Popey when they were free scoring. If it didn't work a sensible bench could allow for a return to 4-4-2. But hey, what do I know?

Sorry, I missed Vaselli out !!!

****ing fuming with that selection. Williamsons performances don't warrant a first team place.

Carl Dickinson on the pitch again, give a young lad ago instead!

Duffy in for Robbo? Robertson has been good recently and looked very good with veseli. Be surprised if Duffy and veseli works, two similar players. Today already proves that page has his favourites. Hope we win but with that selection I can't see it myself, page will get hammered if we lose this.

****ing fuming with that selection. Williamsons performances don't warrant a first team place.

Carl Dickinson on the pitch again, give a young lad ago instead!

Duffy in for Robbo? Robertson has been good recently and looked very good with veseli. Be surprised if Duffy and veseli works, two similar players. Today already proves that page has his favourites. Hope we win but with that selection I can't see it myself, page will get hammered if we lose this.

Robertson is a chronic ball watcher , Duffy has a nap every 30 minutes . How do you choose?

First time poster - normally just a reader

I've been going to the vale for almost 40 years, my dad 70 and his dad before him - my son now goes & he said if Williamson plays against Crawley thats it for me for a while - I said don't worry after last week he'll not be playing for a while ..... Well what do I know & he'll probably score a couple today- really ???

He's shocking - he wouldn't stand out in the a Potteries District Sunday League - a bit of pace, no aggression, no heading ability (he ducks), can't hold the ball up ( he gets into a crab position them falls over) and has body language of someone who couldn't care less - is this as good as we have got ?

Robertson - I'd pack my bags if I were you son - decision to drop for Duffy beggars belief

Come on Page - sort it out - what do you see that nearly every fan doesn't ???? Are you scared to upset people - you'll get yourself the sack if you are not careful with no one to blame but yourself

All said & done - 3 pts today please

I think we all know it's Norman buying the players Roich. The crazy thing is, he seems to have a better eye for a player than our manager does!

Indeed very frustrating! The last time I got angry with team selections was when Glover was in charge. To be fair to Adams even if he tactically had faults at times he would at least pick the best 11 available to him 90% of the time and not leave players out if they deserved a chance!😠

Archived