onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dickinson's un-Real Deal

smithie

Some people are unbelievable,yesterday was the worst I have seen a Page side play I admit BUT that was our first home defeat in the league under him so give him a chance.

I don't mind losing a game at home but the manner in which we lost yesterday was unacceptable. I could mention some worrying incidents as most who went to the game probably could, but if you just concentrate on the highlights from the FL show you can't help but notice that our 'performance' was very disturbing.

From Robertson's header in the 1st half Coventry cleared the ball to McGivern who was 10/15 yds in the Coventry half. Although he is getting closed down McGivern takes the easy option and plays the ball back in to our own half and within seconds our attacking play from a corner comes to nothing because of our own players negative approach. It had nothing to do with Coventry's tactics or anything that their players did to stifle our style of play.

For the 1st goal we had 2 players who failed to make a challenge before the ball was crossed and there were 3 Coventry players unmarked at that point before Yates is out jumped by the much taller goal scorer, Our big Centre backs Robertson & Veseli are merely ball watching and some 5/10 yards from any of the opposition.

The 2nd goal left Neal exposed after a terrific stop. Their scorer held Yates off on the half way line before hitting an over head kick, turning and running towards goal. He left Yates for dead who also ran back to goal but on his own. Robertson is jogging back to goal and is not really marking his 'runner' nor does he make any real attempt to close the guy down with the ball. As Neal parries the ball there are 3 Coventry players unmarked.

I noticed these faults/failings during the game as I'm sure a lot of fans did. There was no fight in the team, no commitment & no willingness from our players to roll up their sleeves and battle. Some struggled to do even the basics. RP did nothing to change the game and none of our subs had the experience or know-how to turn things around.

If RP does have his favourites and this is their way of repaying that loyalty then its going to be a very long winter struggling at the wrong end of the table. Yesterday's game imo showed just how much we have missed Doug Loft both as a player and as a captain, be it whether he had played in defence or midfield.

I hope the Coventry game is a blip and it doesn't become the norm.

Advert

So you think Page has no input? What agreement was there when Norm "offered" him the job? I am saying that there are players in the squad who are not getting as fair a run out as some of the absolutely obvious weak links in the Team. Don't need to name them as everyone else on here knows exactly who is capable of getting Vale success and who is not pulling anything like their weight.

Honestly would it make such a huge difference if some of the players Norm brought in were not successful? They cannot be any worse than some in the elite squad of Page's. We will only see if and when they are brought out of their cotton wool blankets! Yesterday was pathetic from the start and no one could have done worse than Dicko, Ben and Birchall. Fact.

I don't think the manager is having as much say on the clubs footballing future as he would like.

I agree re your last point re Dickinson, Williamson and Birchall however the latter two in particular will be the options we'll be supplementing with the young players because they are cheap. Dickinson will be on a wedge therefore we'll see the back of him in the summer. If we could keep Pope, Marshall, O'Connor, Neal I'd be happy because everyone else is much of a muchness. Although Veseli and Brown have looked good additions in recent weeks.

What about Daniel? What exactly has that man brought to the team all season? Of the last two reserve games I,ve seen of Moore why isn't he in the team?....what the hell does Page see in Williamson that we don't? He needs to be dropped and the free scoring Campion brought in!!

Thought Veseli was head and shoulders above any player yesterday but he can't do it on his own...N'guesson was just going through the motions yesterday and not a threat at all

Needs a complete change next week..back to the drawing board...that's if we have one!!!

What about Daniel? What exactly has that man brought to the team all season? Of the last two reserve games I,ve seen of Moore why isn't he in the team?....what the hell does Page see in Williamson that we don't? He needs to be dropped and the free scoring Campion brought in!!

Thought Veseli was head and shoulders above any player yesterday but he can't do it on his own...N'guesson was just going through the motions yesterday and not a threat at all

Needs a complete change next week..back to the drawing board...that's if we have one!!!

I agree with all of that.

they do it's stuck to the side of the dug out at the start of every game

Page needs to learn quickly that his contract is up for review in May and relying on the likes of Williamson, Dickinson, Dodds and others of that ilk will not keep him his job. Dickinson does try but is a bit of a loose cannon, Dodds, by now should be a well established player but he's not consistent, and never will be. As for Williamson - NAAFI describes him completely - No Ambition And Forkall Interest. In Popes absence he should be commanding that attacking role but is clueless and will never be a leader as long as he has breath in his body. These are the people who will loose Page his job. If he keeps picking tried and tested failures against untried hopefulls the the crowd will turn on him. If the previously mentioned failures are so GREAT in training why is it that they can't do it on a Match day ?

Mr Page you need to review your staff - by YOURSELF and look to secure YOUR future - Grew an Glover are hangers on and are proven failures - Loads of players are as well and YOU need to look at securing YOUR future by being a strong person and not pandering to the dead meat at Vale.

Your record so far is good but Staurday was totally unaceptable and you were badly let down and ill advised.

Make changes and make them fast because you only have 5 months to keep your Job

In Pages defence Adams fannying about in close season and then handing out contracts and signing the likes of Daniel have not helped his case.

Smurf being responsible for the signings of N'guesson thinking it is easy to replace Popes goals and hunger to win for the Vale have also hindered Page.

What does Page see in Willo the same as Adams I guess,one home defeat does not wreck a managers career, however he needs to get his act together,PDQ

Glover was charging up and down the empty Lorne St terrace and seemed to be having a big say in tactics"..............we all know how successful that was last time!

Mr Page you need to review your staff - by YOURSELF and look to secure YOUR future - Grew an Glover are hangers on and are proven failures...YOU need to look at securing YOUR future by being a strong person and not pandering to the dead meat at Vale.

One of the most worrying aspects of yesterday was the sight of Glover trotting down to the dugout from the back of the unfinished section of Lorne Street and then getting in Page's ear (while Grew was in the other) just moments before Page made his substitutions - seriously, if Page needs advice from that pair before making substitutions/tactical changes then we are f00ked!

]Smurf being responsible for the signings of N'guesson thinking it is easy to replace Popes goals and hunger to win for the Vale have also hindered Page.

[/i]

Or, you could look at that as Smurf taking positive (and sensible) action on finding out that Pope was likely to be out for 3 months??

Archived