onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dickinson's un-Real Deal

smithie

Serious questions have to be asked of Rob Page today.

Like - what is the deal with Liam Dickinson starting today ahead of established midfielders, and the refusal to use Campion at any stage of the game ? What did you think putting a left-back in a midfield role achieve ? Can you say with a straight face that Ben Williamson is going to get us goals? What exactly do you think Campion is lacking that a fit Williamson or an unfit N'Guessan have?

Against a team clearly lacking confidence and on the back of a bad run, we really should have had enough to win that game - or certainly not lose it. However that looked like an away formation that we put out - one designed to pinch a point. We are depleted through the loss of those two mouthy ****s Lines and O'Connor, but we surely had better options than using Dickinson in midfield.

Mr Page, most Vale fans understand the need for patience while you get to grips with this management role.

I just hope you can say hand on heart that your team selection is based purely on playing ability.

Advert

Serious questions have to be asked of Rob Page today.

Like - what is the deal with Liam Dickinson starting today ahead of established midfielders, and the refusal to use Campion at any stage of the game ? What did you think putting a left-back in a midfield role achieve ? Can you say with a straight face that Ben Williamson is going to get us goals? What exactly do you think Campion is lacking that a fit Williamson or an unfit N'Guessan have?

Against a team clearly lacking confidence and on the back of a bad run, we really should have had enough to win that game - or certainly not lose it. However that looked like an away formation that we put out - one designed to pinch a point. We are depleted through the loss of those two mouthy ****s Lines and O'Connor, but we surely had better options than using Dickinson in midfield.

Mr Page, most Vale fans understand the need for patience while you get to grips with this management role.

I just hope you can say hand on heart that your team selection is based purely on playing ability.

The real Dickinson was Carl not Liam...:)

I got the "L" and the "A" right though!!

I was thinking of Liam Daish - why, I have no idea!!

Lol...to answer your question David would have played better...I have no idea why Page played him in midfield...Page had a nightmare today.

That's why he only has a contract until May. I like Page but any more games like this one and we'll be looking for another manager.

Agreed - I would be very interested to know what the chairman would consider sufficient progress and improvement to warrant giving RP another contract at the end of the season.

Page is not the answer. Tactically worse than Adams. Centre midfield - brown(37 year old) can't pass with Dickinson (left back who can't pass) is not the answer. Where is Byron Moore? I'm refuse to go again in Louis dodds puts the shirt on again

Moore and Dodds are not the answer.

Neither are people like Dickinson and Birchall though. Hopefully when we do clear a few of these experienced pros we can focus on talented younger players.

Moore and Dodds are not the answer.

Neither are people like Dickinson and Birchall though. Hopefully when we do clear a few of these experienced pros we can focus on talented younger players.

You mean the cheap chancers we've panicked and brought in to reduce the wage bill in the summer? If they were that talented they'd be in and replacing the current deadwood now.

Archived