onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Striker

butt lane vale fan

Advert

So, where does that leave the new lad from Leicester, unless Pope is really injured?

We get rid of the development squad and then sign a shed load of development players.

I'd like to think there's a plan and it's not just panic. If Page goes, the new man would be left with a mountain of players he doesn't want.

We're taking the **** now. Why not use some of the lads we've already signed?!?! Stop signing players and use out actual squad, having so many loan players never works.

If Tom is out then we will have to use others.I wouldn't mind betting Page goes with Willo and Slewy up front on Saturday.Now that would be a surprise.:rolleyes:

On the surface it seems fairly obvious why we're suddenly trying to sign a striker - it's because Pope has a bad injury.

I don't think it has anything to do with developing youth team players but simply trying to get a replacement for Pope who, reading between the lines, must have a long term injury.

I'm guessing it would be a target man.

I have raised this issue in the feature on the front page but I may as well raise it here too.

If we sign someone, it's likely to be on loan (unless I guess it's a free agent). Even if it's with a view to a permanent move, it's still going to be a loan because the window is shut.

That leaves us with eight loan players - Veseli, Slew, Zubar, Greenidge, Campion, Harry P, Streete plus the new guy.

As far as I can see, we can only play four in the match squad so where does that leave the others?

Zubar's out for another two games but we haven't sent him back so I presume the club want to extend his month's loan? Otherwise, if it was only a month, surely Vale would have just sent him back to Bournemouth.

Campion is not deemed fit enough (probably because of his injury record - the Vale want to make sure he is 100% after his injury issues) and Greenidge is probably a little off the first-team too. But that would still leave five loanees (six if Zubar remains) and only four places in the squad.

Where does it also leave the likes of Greenidge and Campion, who are here for us to assess them ahead of possible permanent moves? Will Page have to do this without seeming them in the first-team squad? That's a difficult shout, I would imagine. What about Streete and Harry P who also haven't figured so far?

It does seem that we have an inbalance in the squad with so many loan signings.

I guess if some do join in January (I could see Zubar, Campion, Slew being contenders for a start) then it's fine but from now to January it's going to be a complicated job making sure the club follows the FA rules on number of loanees in a squad while giving them gametime.

After the fairly recent "Joe Davis ineligibility at Plymouth" debacle, I also hope Vale's club officials are well aware of the FA rules on loanees!

I have raised this issue in the feature on the front page but I may as well raise it here too.

If we sign someone, it's likely to be on loan (unless I guess it's a free agent). Even if it's with a view to a permanent move, it's still going to be a loan because the window is shut.

That leaves us with eight loan players - Veseli, Slew, Zubar, Greenidge, Campion, Harry P, Streete plus the new guy.

As far as I can see, we can only play four in the match squad so where does that leave the others?

Zubar's out for another two games but we haven't sent him back so I presume the club want to extend his month's loan? Otherwise, if it was only a month, surely Vale would have just sent him back to Bournemouth.

Campion is not deemed fit enough (probably because of his injury record - the Vale want to make sure he is 100% after his injury issues) and Greenidge is probably a little off the first-team too. But that would still leave five loanees (six if Zubar remains) and only four places in the squad.

Where does it also leave the likes of Greenidge and Campion, who are here for us to assess them ahead of possible permanent moves? Will Page have to do this without seeming them in the first-team squad? That's a difficult shout, I would imagine. What about Streete and Harry P who also haven't figured so far?

It does seem that we have an inbalance in the squad with so many loan signings.

I guess if some do join in January (I could see Zubar, Campion, Slew being contenders for a start) then it's fine but from now to January it's going to be a complicated job making sure the club follows the FA rules on number of loanees in a squad while giving them gametime.

After the fairly recent "Joe Davis ineligibility at Plymouth" debacle, I also hope Vale's club officials are well aware of the FA rules on loanees!

Dont worry Rob Bill Lodey will have his finger on the pulse:dizzy:

Archived