onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page- yay or nay.

fuzzyvalefan

Rob Page for permanent manager- yay or nay?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Rob Page for permanent manager- yay or nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

Advert

I was prepared to give him a chance because the football had certainly improved and individuals in the midfield had stepped up their game under Page but last night was a major step backwards. I couldn't believe he kept Williamson in after his woeful performance at Preston and to go back to the McGivern-Duffy partnership which hasn't worked all season was just wrong. His selection was even more baffling when his chairman has publicly stated how he wants things to pan out with the emphasise on Premiership youth and the interim manager doesn't pick them. He had a ready made excuse that Smurf had brought the players in and still he went with players and partnerships that have failed all season long. Then along comes the game which panned out exactly as expected as if Adams in charge with hoofball and the usual predictable substitutions. As a job interview goes it was pretty horrific.

He still has a chance to get the job but he has to win Saturday with a host of new faces playing football but currently it's a definite no from me.

Looking like a NO! Saturday being his last chance.

Team changes need to be applied, preferably younger speedier players who are regarded as quality by their loanee clubs.

If a new manager is to be brought in I feel that Smurf will go for economy class, a manager that would do the job for a low salary and not one that would get the necessary good results and warranting a higher salary.

Let's face it, ALL new managerial appointments are a huge gamble - and proven successful managers don't tend to look for work in League 1.

Off to the top of my head, Freeman at Bolton, Clark at Brum, Moyes at United, Hodgson at Liverpool, Keane at Ipswich, Pepe Mel at Baggies, Solbakken at Wolves.....none of these worked out.

If we had lost all six under Page I could understand the lack of enthusiasm for him getting the job. It's an absurd world where you have 7 games to prove yourself. I totally understand the need to steer to mid-table soonish but I honestly think it's too soon to write him off.

We may however have to write the season off as a learning curve. I'd settle for mid-table and I'm sure we can do that once the defence is sorted.

Looking like a NO! Saturday being his last chance.

Team changes need to be applied, preferably younger speedier players who are regarded as quality by their loanee clubs.

If a new manager is to be brought in I feel that Smurf will go for economy class, a manager that would do the job for a low salary and not one that would get the necessary good results and warranting a higher salary.

Agree! I keep saying it--for the life of me, I cannot understand why having got in loan players (albeit relatively young) from higher division clubs, we haven't played them. Their parent clubs mustn't be too impressed either as presumably they've been loaned out for experience of first team football!!

Im undecided still. I can't get my head round the fact how we have an ex defender as interim manager but could n't defend if our lives depended on it.

Only two clubs in our division who have conceded more goals! When are we going to get that clean sheet? Even Crewe managed to prevent Peterborough from scoring last night!!

I've only managed to make the home games he's been in charge of, from that we've won 2 and drawn 1. Last night was disappointing, but the 2 previous home games was a massive improvement on what was an awful start to the season.

For me, still undecided and need to see more games. He HAS to change the defence though.

Seems to change week by week. If we win on Saturday no doubt there will be a clamour for him to get the job! If we don't win on Saturday I think Norman will give him longer to prove himself because I don't think he wants to appoint anyone else - too much hassle!

On the fence big time with this one. Looked good at home in the two previous games. But the away form has been poor, even though he's been let down by his players. 1 goal (from a penalty) in 3 away games and 1 point.

Why have we brought these players in and then not used them? We haven't kept a clean sheet this season but had the back 4 last night were all at the club at the start of the season and been the same people that have been leaking goals left, right and centre. The 2nd goal was completely unacceptable last night. Rob Page says all the right things, but he's now got to act on them. He managed to get the players firing at the start of his tenure. The 2nd half at Preston and last night were poor. More hoof to Pope, in the howling wind was a ludicrous tactic. Ryan 'Hoof it' McGivern has to be the one that makes way, his distribution makes Chris Robertson look like Rio Ferdinand.

I agree with most people on here, Saturday is a big day for Port Vale and Rob Page. Lose, and I think Smurf will realise he has to look elsewhere.

I'm also undecided on this one, as yet.

I can still see Micky's hoofball tactics, but wonder how much of that is because there is no outlet from the back, especially if Marshall is tightly marked, as no one is running the channels (isn't that Bens job?)

I agree with most people on here, Saturday is a big day for Port Vale and Rob Page. Lose, and I think Smurf will realise he has to look elsewhere.

but on the flip side, win and it's 10 points out of 12 in the last 4 home games. -- Decisions, decisions.....

Archived