onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page- yay or nay.

fuzzyvalefan

Rob Page for permanent manager- yay or nay?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Rob Page for permanent manager- yay or nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

Advert

Obvious from Norm's comments in todays Senile that we are "stuck" now with what we have got. He is not going to replace Page, no matter what happens. Also he paints a depressing picture for next season as things stand and it could be that unless fans actually start to go through the turnstiles again we will have a very different squad next season, because he will offer low contracts and some may well go elsewhere to maintain their living wage.

I am one who would have loved a "new" regime manager and coach wise at Vale after Adams left but I and many others will now have to face facts and realise support for our Club has to be united. Difficult to actually see if we can put aside any issue we have and get fully behind the Vale to ensure at least we are in Division 1 next campaign. I will take up Norm's rallying call though and hope many others can see the benefit of trying to totally support everyone at Vale with a view to improvement being made. Come on Valiants we have come so far recently let's get behind the lads on the pitch.

I voted yes, however i think he should be given the rest of the season and see where we go from there. I dont believe we will go down this season.

If he has the whole season we will. Why should that be the aim all of a sudden? Just to stay up? We have spent a lot of money on wages and have a very strong squad. It would be nice to have a manager that knows what he's doing tactically to get the best out of the likes of O'connor, lines ect.

Just an interesting note to consider, if we'd have played that game during our losing streak, would it have ended a draw, or would we have lost? I think we'd have lost personally.

In all fairness, being 2-1 up against 10 men and only end up drawing the game very much felt like a loss. It seems that they could have easily won the game too.

The players attitudes has definitely improved under Page, as has the work rate, but it's a honeymoon period and that was always going to happen. He's almost a like for like for Micky Adams in his team selections and substitutions, only without the bags of experience and promotions on his CV that Micky has. Page might well make a decent manager one day but he's not what Vale need right now.

Probably irrelevant but it's a nay.

Judging by NS's comments today regarding not affording a new backroom team the decision is already made. Smurthwaite is just waiting for the miracle of 2 wins on the bounce to announce it

Totally agree. I'm guessing that he was surprised at the poll results and now realises that Adams MkII would not be a popular choice.

Smurf doing his best to demotivate everybody.

Anyhow, we are where we are....

And repeat.

Totally agree. I'm guessing that he was surprised at the poll results and now realises that Adams MkII would not be a popular choice.

Smurf doing his best to demotivate everybody.

Anyhow, we are where we are....

And repeat.

By finding extra money for 5 new players, taking time out to go and watch one of them in London, by listening to what fans want and scrapping the £3 matchday cash admission charge ? Your reasoning is that of a spoilt brat thowing toys out of the pram.

By finding extra money for 5 new players, taking time out to go and watch one of them in London, by listening to what fans want and scrapping the £3 matchday cash admission charge ? Your reasoning is that of a spoilt brat thowing toys out of the pram.

Hi Bea

Long time, no speak.

I'm guessing that you've not read his comments in the Sentinel? The comment about demotivation (in case you're struggling to understand) was on the basis of his comments about funds for this season and next.

Archived