onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Remie Streete signs for a month

ZodiacValiant

Advert

If he is here only for a month then surely he must start - what is the point of taking him if he isnt in the frame to start. He must be fit enough, because we couldnt get him fit in the time if he wasn't. If both Adams and Page wanted him then I hope that they had already formulated their plans as to where to play him. It wouldn't be fair on Vale or the player if he was here for 4 weeks and there was no plan to throw him in. I'm sure Newcastle expect him to play - Why else would they let him come for 4 weeks ?

Not had chance to read this thread, but my only concern is are the Club expecting too much of a 19 year old with no first team experience? I really hope he does well. Perhaps if Pardew gets the chop a new manager may not want him and he can stay!

You are dead right its expecting alot hope he helps us shore up a weak defence but he wont solve the problem of other players switching off at critical times.

Typical of the local media not to ask all the pertinent questions on Saturday, but what are we doing about Remi Streete?

Why didn't he play on Saturday? And will he play this coming weekend? Surely we can't leave him out again and trust that NUFC will be happy about it, or did they agree to him sitting on the bench for a while?

We're got an issue to address now because the team did so well against Yeovil and normally it would be a case of 'same again' but will it?

Typical of the local media not to ask all the pertinent questions on Saturday, but what are we doing about Remi Streete?

Why didn't he play on Saturday? And will he play this coming weekend? Surely we can't leave him out again and trust that NUFC will be happy about it, or did they agree to him sitting on the bench for a while?

We're got an issue to address now because the team did so well against Yeovil and normally it would be a case of 'same again' but will it?

I think the official website have indirectly just answered your question ;)

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/20141013-street-wise-2013834.aspx?

Thanks for that.

I'm a little surprised as he's been in the NU match day squad a few times but it's good news for us.:)

I was surprised too, but then again I can't see that you could drop Duffy/Zubar after Saturday. I didn't see the Preston game as I can't make midweek ones, but I didn't see Zubar make too many (if any) mistakes on Saturday and Duffy (with his organising, shouting and position as centre-half where he can see all the play) would be my personal choice as skipper.

I guess it's nice for Page to have a problem where form is keeping good players out of the team as I guess McGivern will also have to fight for his place after his Norn Ireland duties...

I was surprised too, but then again I can't see that you could drop Duffy/Zubar after Saturday. I didn't see the Preston game as I can't make midweek ones, but I didn't see Zubar make too many (if any) mistakes on Saturday and Duffy (with his organising, shouting and position as centre-half where he can see all the play) would be my personal choice as skipper.

I guess it's nice for Page to have a problem where form is keeping good players out of the team as I guess McGivern will also have to fight for his place after his Norn Ireland duties...

There's a simple solution. Yates was average at best again on Saturday, I think only the fact Yeovil were so toothless meant he wasn't as exposed. His distribution at times was something to be desired and I still haven't forgotten that 30 yard 'shot' that almost ended up over the Hamil.

Anyways, Streete, Zubar and Duffy can all play at RB, (ok duffy not so much) so we can accommodate all 3.

Archived