onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Remie Streete signs for a month

ZodiacValiant

Advert

I'm losing track with who's here now.

Just a little worried that one of the potential signings is a Smurf initiative. Seems a bit Machinesque :shutup:

Didn't Charles bring in Onandi Lowe when he (Machin, not Lowe) was on the Bill Bell board?

Lowe did OK for a brief spell until he flounced off after a disagreement over a club car with Billy Bell.

Is Streete:

1. a "Grimmer type" equally able to play at right-back and centre-half

2. a "Duffy type" able to play at right-back and centre-half but much better in one position than t'other

I was wondering because we seem to have a lot of centre-halves at the moment, so either are we going to ship some out or are has Streete not been signed as a centre-half but more as competition for Adam Yates?

Is Streete:

1. a "Grimmer type" equally able to play at right-back and centre-half

2. a "Duffy type" able to play at right-back and centre-half but much better in one position than t'other

I was wondering because we seem to have a lot of centre-halves at the moment, so either are we going to ship some out or are has Streete not been signed as a centre-half but more as competition for Adam Yates?

I will be surprised if Robertson plays for us again, and if McGivern is going to be in and around the N.Ireland squad, then we will need a bit more backup than we are used to.

I would still think we've got an awful lot of CBs - Streete, Zubar, Greenidge, Robertson, McGivern, Duffy, Smith and Dickinson can all play there.

Rather than sitting on the sidelines, surely it would be worthwhile getting Smith (for experience) and Robertson (in the shop window) loan moves?

Just as a matter of interest, where are Norn Iron playing McGivern?

Not sure he'll get into the starting eleven. There's a number of players at higher-ranked clubs that I presume would be at the front of the queue:

Defenders: Aaron Hughes (Brighton & Hove Albion), Chris Baird (West Bromwich Albion), Gareth McAuley (West Bromwich Albion), Jonathan Evans (Manchester United), Ryan McGivern (Port Vale), Craig Cathcart (Watford), Conor McLaughlin (Fleetwood Town), Luke McCullough (Doncaster Rovers), Ryan McLaughlin (Liverpool)

Lines has done nothing over the last few games? You've not been going the games then! Done much more than O'connor!

I have been to every game this season and I am quite sure that Lines has made a real effort over the last three or four games and think O'Connor has done likewise. However the problem lies in midfield which is not effectively supporting the defence or the attack so that full backs and even central defenders have to attempt to bring the ball forward and support attacks thus not being in position to defend properly.

I did wonder if he was related to Floyd Streete, the old Wolves player. Turns out he is.

The Official Site have just confirmed that they are father and son.

I told you that weeks ago when he was first linked, Santa, and I told you again earlier this afternoon. I do wish you'd pay attention!!

Great news but nervous that the team will be changing every week... Lots of new players = time to gel. Really important we don't spiral into panic mode. I still standby that we have the best squad if players we have had since the Horton/Rudge days and should be doing a hell of a lot better.

Fingers crossed all this activity and a squad the size of Chelsea :-) doesn't lead us into not being organised on the pitch.

Happy but slightly nervous...

I have been to every game this season and I am quite sure that Lines has made a real effort over the last three or four games and think O'Connor has done likewise. However the problem lies in midfield which is not effectively supporting the defence or the attack so that full backs and even central defenders have to attempt to bring the ball forward and support attacks thus not being in position to defend properly.

Not sure I agree with that,if anything the midfield are gelling now and from what I have seen its the left and right backs that have been the problem so far

I don't think we have much choice but to ring the changes. We've been poor at the back for over 12 months and unless it is addressed we'll never improve.

I don't believe that any of the back four can claim that they've played consistently well. Nor the others who have played there (like Veseli and Robertson). They've all made individual errors and lost their men when we've conceded goals.

A few weeks ago we looked abysmal in the centre against big tall players like Wilbraham. I think we still are but Fleetwood and PNE didn't have big men up front so we got away with it. In the meantime the full backs also look dodgy, stand off their men and are too easily beaten.

It's difficult to know where to start to put it right.

But that's what Page gets paid for and why we're tapping keyboards!

Archived