onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thanks Micky

Gazleese

There is a epitaph statement as you walk into Auschwitz that says "The one who does not remember history is bound to live through it again"

An epic statement for the place it sits, albeit not to the same magnitude as Auschwitz but maybe we should have such a statement on the doors to Vale Park.

It wasn't many moons ago that we had Lee Sinnott & Dean Glover... Both men bought poor football & we were heading into the wilderness. Then came the Adams era.... He breezed in and saved us, at the same time he made every player play for the badge and earn their wages!

I could fight my corner as a vale fan because of what he did... Then he left, Gannon then destroyed his hard work in 4/5 months, again we were a laughing stock. Once he came back there was no big hurrah surrounding him it was back in head down & let's achieve what I came here to do.

He got us up, and gave us some great memories. How can anyone say anything bad about this man I'll never know. Through everything he gave it his all and was passionate about the job.... God bless him for everything he's done, he's walked out of the Vale Park door today leaving a lasting legacy at our beloved club. Don't forget how bad things have been when you look to the future!

Good luck Micky... Thanks for the memories!

:clap::clap:I endorse every word!Gutted, as we just needed a "Kevin Finney"moment and who knows what would have happened.Heartfelt thanks to the best boss since our beloved John Rudge:micky:

Advert

I think Micky Adams did a very good job at Port Vale. The club at the end of his last full season was in a much higher place than where it was when he started and he kept the club going in that direction through administration and insolvency. I felt time had run out on Tuesday and I am sorry about that. But on the other hand suffering comes from attaching to something unduly and not accepting that everything in life is impermanent. It is a good decision to leave and a good decision for the club to change. I wish Micky good luck in what he does next.

What an amazing memory lane topic thread :yes:

you know what Michael Richard Adams? When you first arrived at Vale Park 5 years ago the lid of our Pandora's Box was not only open, but had well and truly fell off its hinges. Thankfully 'Hope' still remained.

During that time we have shared with you, and you with us, an action packed era from the dark days of V2001 to promotion to L1 - and this is evidenced in the many sentiments shown above.

Thank you Micky, and all the very best to you and your family :)

Thanks for all the good , positive times that you brought to Vale Park, Micky Adams. You took the reins at a time when few managers would have, given our situation at the time. Then you did the unlikely and won us promotion. So , many thanks for all of your achievements in the last 5 years.

On a personal level, I , and my daughter and her boyfriend , met you in Athlone in the 2012 pre-season. We didn't know traveling there but when we arrived, the match against Athlone Town had been postponed because of a waterlogged pitch. We were standing outside chatting near the team bus when you came out with the team. There were about 20 of us, mostly from Dublin, and ourselves from Thurles. You told each and every one of the squad to thank the fans, and you shook all our hands and apologized about the postponement. The we took a few photos with you, all 20 of us.

It meant a lot , and that's the other memory I have of you as a manager. A class act. Good luck to you and your family in the future.

Only 6 managers in England have spent more than 4 years at thier current clubs, it could soon be down to 4. A tough job nowadays, will our next manager keep us in this league, and win promotion? Thanks Micky, you did your best, in football very rarely is it enough for everyone, but we are in a higher position than when you arrived.

Thanks Micky. You should have a statue built outside Vale Park for the legacy you have left.

I couldn't quite go that far--but it would certainly be churlish not to acknowledge all that MA did for the club through some very troubled times and for that I shall always be grateful. Not to sour this link, but rather to agree with Micky himself, it is probably the right time to go and again, I would thank him for having the courage of his own convictions on this!

The most successful manager in terms of win ratios post war and the second best in my life time. It's a big deal ;)

Reinstalled pride in the club for me and gave us success.

big deal my asstracan coat ... its a football club... a very important football club I admit... but its just a football club... its not an outbreak of Ebola in burslem... there isnt a holocaust on the hamil

I never lost pride in or hope for the club... in the people who ran it definately

For the younger generation amongst the Vale following who had never witnessed a Vale promotion season before, Adams succeeded in securing our first promotion in nearly two decades. That will NEVER be forgotten, and the fond memories of that season, and in particular the party, carnival atmosphere of Northampton at home and Wycombe away games, will live long in the memory.:yes: Thank you for that.

Not only that, Micky managed this promotion against all the odds, in convincing the vast majority of that side (aside from Artell), to fight the cause when their contracts had been revised by the administrators and there was no certainty they would be paid regularly. How he managed to secure the promotion given what was happening behind the scenes was nothing short of a miracle under the circumstances.

Adams deserves huge credit for arresting our slump to the Conference, which could quite easily have happened after the shambolic era of Glover and Gannon managing the club. You only have to look at the direction in which the Lutons, Stockports and most recently Bristol Rovers of this world have gone to realise that it could quite easily have been us who could have headed in that direction had Micky not come in and staeadied the ship.

We finished last season with our best league finish in over 10 years.

He was without doubt the best manager we had since John Rudge.

All the best for the future MA.

Archived