onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thanks Micky

Gazleese

I put this an on ther thread but it's probably more apt here:

I'll never forget him halting our slide into non league, which would surely have been the end of us.

I'll never forget him convincing all the players (bar Artell) to stay at he club despite having their contracts torn up when we went into admin.

I'll never forget him securing our first promotion as a club for 2 decades!

I'll never forget him transforming Tom Pope from a 5 goal a season striker to the highest goal scorer in the whole of England

I'll never forget him securing our highest league position for 1 decade.

If your time is up (which I believe it is and should be) then goodbye and thanks for what you've done. You achieved your objectives and can be proud of the job you've done here.

Advert

Great professional football manager. Thanks for giving us our pride back and all the favours you probably called in during admin. Six players and no kit? How long ago was that?. I'm in wetherspoons in Inverness. And today the message for all Scots AND some vale fans. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes a sad day for the Vale and the vast majority of realistic fans.

I feel the "Adams Out" numpties, as all Vale fans will live to regret this day as will the Scots when they vote YES tomorrow.

Good luck to Scotland and thanks Mickey, you truely are a top man.:cry:

Thanks for all you've done for our Club Micky. I was hoping you might have at least stayed for 3 or 4 more games but seems that wasn't to be.

I'm sure you've made the right decision for Micky Adams and that how it should be. Glad that you've left us on your own terms Micky. Would have hated it if you'd left under any other circumstances.

Best of luck for the future and thanks again Micky.

Yes a sad day for the Vale and the vast majority of realistic fans.

I feel the "Adams Out" numpties, as all Vale fans will live to regret this day as will the Scots when they vote YES tomorrow.

Good luck to Scotland and thanks Mickey, you truely are a top man.:cry:

To be fair to Micky and Norman, I don't think they felt any pressure from fans - certainly not through any discontent in the ground.

We cannot afford to worry whether it was the right move now, he's gone!!

Devastated it's come to this but the right decision, now we can remember Micky in Vale folklore and he will hold legend status for saving the club from almost certain death by keeping us competitive against all the odds. I now can look back proudly at us winning 6-2, 7-1, 2-5 etc in our promotion season and finally enjoying a taste of success as a Vale fan.

Thank You Micky. I will always think of him as the messiah for what he did.

Thank you Micky for so many good times over the last five years. You joined us at a time when we had very little hope and gave us so much to cheer about. I think you've gone at the right time but you will go with the goodwill and gratitude of the vast majority of supporters. I hope all goes well for you in the future.

Mickey you bought some pride and passion back to our club,for that I thank you.I have been taking my lad since he was 6 and we have seen some sad times but under you its been a complete turnaround-we thank you for that.All the best to you and your family because you are a top geezer.

Archived