onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thanks Micky

Gazleese

Advert

I was one that sat on the fence of wanting him to go. Uncertain until the end. But now he's gone I can't but feel sad.

Not because I feel he shouldn't be leaving but for the fact he's a great guy who did wonders for a club that had been left for dead for the best part of two decades. We will do well to find a new manager that pushes us forward that far again and we all should be thankful. Micky walks away with his head held high as far as we all should be concerned and that can't be said of any other manager in a long long time.

Thank you Micky. One of the best we've ever had.

Yep, have to agree with Tenement Funster - he is a manager who got us promoted and gave us some good times. Anyone who leaves us better off than where he started is good enough for me. We now need someone who can get the confidence back in to this team to play it on the deck again. Will settle for mid table mediocrity now this season, with a team that settles in to a formation it can make work, and allows us to attack teams a little more.

I didn't enjoy the style of play and sometimes Adams could be really churlish but he got our first promotion for 19 years.

Then again some of his narky comments did make me laugh.

I enjoyed the first part of most seasons when he was in charge as we did play some exciting stuff. However the long ball tactics from the back four and the ball coming back from the opposition defence was difficult to watch.

Wish him well wherever he ends up and if he ever comes back to the Vale with an opposing team I will applaud him.

Adams was a success with us and leaves us in a higher position than when he arrived when we were only heading one way, therefore he should be thanked and praised for what he achieved here, for anybody that can't see that Micky did a good job here then I question what they expect as manager at Vale, yes he had some faults but the positives far outweighed them, I'm sure that another club will soon snap him up as his CV is good and no doubt he'll do well where he goes.

As for Vale I just hope we don't end up with the same scenario after Foyle left and undo all Adams good work previously! Let's hope the players can start to show some fight/spirit which has been lacking from certain players so far and the rest of them can get some confidence and belief back.

He is a vale legend not just for getting us promoted but for stabilising the club in his first spell when it looked like each season was getting worse. He turned a club that was used to losing into a pronation club. Expectations go up when we have success. I was fully behind micky to stay but it shows that football isn't all about money when he feels the time was right.

Thank you Micky Adams. I'm not going to say we owe you one because we too have enhanced your reputation. But you truly have done a good professional job.

There is a epitaph statement as you walk into Auschwitz that says "The one who does not remember history is bound to live through it again"

An epic statement for the place it sits, albeit not to the same magnitude as Auschwitz but maybe we should have such a statement on the doors to Vale Park.

It wasn't many moons ago that we had Lee Sinnott & Dean Glover... Both men bought poor football & we were heading into the wilderness. Then came the Adams era.... He breezed in and saved us, at the same time he made every player play for the badge and earn their wages!

I could fight my corner as a vale fan because of what he did... Then he left, Gannon then destroyed his hard work in 4/5 months, again we were a laughing stock. Once he came back there was no big hurrah surrounding him it was back in head down & let's achieve what I came here to do.

He got us up, and gave us some great memories. How can anyone say anything bad about this man I'll never know. Through everything he gave it his all and was passionate about the job.... God bless him for everything he's done, he's walked out of the Vale Park door today leaving a lasting legacy at our beloved club. Don't forget how bad things have been when you look to the future!

Good luck Micky... Thanks for the memories!

Archived