onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reverse racism , no?

Guppy 4 England

I think the point he's making is that if it were a white bloke attacking an Asian he would probably wrongly get done for a racially motivated attack

I think it's absolutely right that, had the attack been the other way around, the race card would have been played and the 57 year old white guy would have been dealt with more severely...but it didn't! What happened is that a particularly arrogant and nasty piece of work was taken to court, admitted culpability and admitted his shame at his actions - which doesn't always happen! He was forced to pay appropriate compensation, and was sentenced - lightly, but that's no surprise, nowadays! Really, that's the end of the matter! There will always be instances of how people have escaped with lesser punishments than they ought to have received - it's been going that way for 20 years...but let's not inflame things by hypothesizing?

Advert

Seems to me the big offender here is the opening poster for daring to assume something that appeared to him like it does to a great many. Racism is wrong in every way but you only have to look at how it's dealt with in the national papers to see where the OP is coming from, a white racist attack makes bigger headlines than the so called 'reverse racism' and I don't think you can prove that wrong. Let me know if you can, or dither at the OP's daringness.

Well maybe it's the exception that proves the rule but the DM gave this racist attack a pretty good highlighting when the perps were not white.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2679587/Racist-thugs-jailed-battering-two-men-death-baseball-bats-werent-Muslim.html

As far back as 1999 racist attacks on white people were being highlighted

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/most-race-attack-victims-are-white-1069502.html

Personally whilst I am 100% certain that racist attacks occur on all races by all races it's dangerous and just plain wrong to assume that an incident involving people of different races was definitely racially motivated

Assuming the lads were born here what Nationality does that make them ?

Calling them Asian is not necessarily a reference to their nationality..it is maybe a reference to their ethnicity? But equally a white geinger haired lad could be Asian if for example he is Singaporean.

Ubless it's proven that it was racially motivated I could not give a monkey's what their ethnicity, race nor nationality is

Well maybe it's the exception that proves the rule but the DM gave this racist attack a pretty good highlighting when the perps were not white.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2679587/Racist-thugs-jailed-battering-two-men-death-baseball-bats-werent-Muslim.html

As far back as 1999 racist attacks on white people were being highlighted

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/most-race-attack-victims-are-white-1069502.html

Personally whilst I am 100% certain that racist attacks occur on all races by all races it's dangerous and just plain wrong to assume that an incident involving people of different races was definitely racially motivated

No offence but i can drag up as many cases as you like where the racist attacks 'white on coloured' outweigh the racist attacks 'coloured on whites' by many to one, i really can't be bothered, but you know in your heart its fact, you really don't want me to list the evidence do you? And as for the OP assuming its racist - how about the Bradford street with the 'No Whites' sign? Or an Asian friend of mine telling me to 'keep my head down' walking past a group of Asians in Cobridge? Maybe the OP has similar experience? Coz i'll bet you a pound to a pinch of sh** that if the driver was the same race as the offender it wouldn't have happened, so just for once you whingeing sad people man up and at least dare to HONESTLY comment on something instead of pussyfooting as per.

I don't know if it was racially motivated or not, but that's a ridiculous comment. If you play football and you foul an Asian person, does that mean that race was the issue because it's a white person and Asian involved?

So you are comparing a foul in football to an unprovoked battering of an old man, get a life.

So you are comparing a foul in football to an unprovoked battering of an old man, get a life.

No, I'm making one obviously ridiculous statement in comparison to another equally ridiculous statement.

Except that I appreciate that what I said was purposely stupid.

The point wasn't the action, it was the idea that because something involved different ethnic groups, it had to be racial. There is a difference between crimes involving different races, and racially aggravated offences. Hence why there are specific laws (and harsher punishments for same offences that are proven to be racially motivated) to cover it.

I have no idea whether it was racially motivated, whether it didn't have anything to do with it, or whether it's a case of whether he wouldn't have done it to a member of the Asian community, however it doesn't necessarily have to be racially motivated.

Coz i'll bet you a pound to a pinch of sh** that if the driver was the same race as the offender it wouldn't have happened, so just for once you whingeing sad people man up and at least dare to HONESTLY comment on something instead of pussyfooting as per.

That's utter rubbish, watch the news daily and you will see the yob culture do this kind of thing virtually daily.

Comment honestly by all means on anything you like but people need to stop concocting things to suit their own agendas.

Seems to me the big offender here is the opening poster for daring to assume something that appeared to him like it does to a great many. Racism is wrong in every way but you only have to look at how it's dealt with in the national papers to see where the OP is coming from, a white racist attack makes bigger headlines than the so called 'reverse racism' and I don't think you can prove that wrong. Let me know if you can, or dither at the OP's daringness.

And I don't think you can prove it right ;)

I wonder if that asian thick head would have tried it on if the driver has been built like a brick ****house instead of an ordiary little chap, i think not anyway the driver will have more chance plaitting snot than receiving £1200 compo unless his disgraced parents cough up to salve their shame.

Archived