onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reverse racism , no?

Guppy 4 England

Blimey you should be so proud :)

Your social circle must be a hoot to be around, what do you do for physical activity, go running around in a white hood with two holes cut out!?

Are you honestly intimating or saying that you've never told or laughed at an Irish Joke or a blonde joke and please don't take the 5th amendment.

Advert

Are you honestly intimating or saying that you've never told or laughed at an Irish Joke or a blonde joke and please don't take the 5th amendment.

I've NEVER and never will tell racist jokes. Nor would I laugh at them.

Plenty of other things to laugh at and get enjoyment out of surely.

This thread just gets stranger and darker.

So you have never told a paddy and Murphy joke ? In the words of Karl Pilkington. Bull****

Believe what you want to believe but people really should open their minds, it's a fabulous world out there full of people from all creeds.

Maybe it's a lack of understanding, closed mindedness or down right ignorance but one thing is for sure racism simply isn't funny.

I can't be offended for others but I can make a moral judgement on what is right and what is totally wrong.

If people genuinely see these types of things as funny then I'd really only feel pity for them.

And I feel pity for people like u who cant just accept it as a joke - thats all it is a joke-get out more and stop taking offense.

And I feel pity for people like u who cant just accept it as a joke - thats all it is a joke-get out more and stop taking offense.

That's just it, I've had the pleasure of living in 21 countries and experienced multi culturalism and appreciate the opportunity to integrate rather than offend people because they are from a different creed. The world is a far bigger place than small minded attitudes like shown in this thread. Thankfully I'm not in your social circle.

I wonder if Mark Marshall or Byron Moore would find your sense of humour funny? No really?

That's just it, I've had the pleasure of living in 21 countries and experienced multi culturalism and appreciate the opportunity to integrate rather than offend people because they are from a different creed. The world is a far bigger place than small minded attitudes like shown in this thread. Thankfully I'm not in your social circle.

I wonder if Mark Marshall or Byron Moore would find your sense of humour funny? No really?

Why have you picked out Mark Marshall & Byron Moore?

You say this

The trouble is JA, many people daren't make a comment on anything racist if it works the other way for fear of being accused of racism,

Then you say this

Finally, it takes no more or no less courage at all to dare to state what you think - as the OP did, so in your classic words - what's your point?

So clearly it does take more courage if one is more likely to be accused of racism becasue of the race of the crim and the victim

I don't see anything wrong with offending people..I'd rather not do it but I'm not going to asvoid saying what i want to say cos some might find it offensive

I've been offened by jokes about cancer, dimentia and paedophilia..do you know what i do..i don't laugh at them but equally i don't see any reason to ban them just cos i find them offensive.

Don't get we wrong when it comes to racist humour there is a line but I'll decide for myself where the line is and just not laugh if I believe it's been crossed.

I honestly don't think that all Irish jokes are motivated by racism....especially those told by Dave Allen

Believe what you want to believe but people really should open their minds, it's a fabulous world out there full of people from all creeds.

Maybe it's a lack of understanding, closed mindedness or down right ignorance but one thing is for sure racism simply isn't funny.

Racism certainly isn't funny but the definition of the word racism and in particular the word race is so broad that the recognition as to what is true racism, eg KKK, the recent Danni Alves incident, gets diluted and the r word gets misused and played too often.

Central to the definition of racism are the words superior, superiority, put down, all traits that appear frequently in your posts as above.

I have just finished listening to the Beeb's 'Rotherham' report and it sent a cold chill down my spine and brought back not so fond episodes when working with children in custody - especially so when the racism card was shoved in my face.

Least said or written was their reminder - keep racism out of it they would counsel.

Needless to say yours truly didn't keep quiet with several written reports altered or filed away in the too hard basket.

On two occasions I was clearly instructed it was no longer my concern, that the files would be dealt with otherwise. The fate of those 2 particular girls will remain indelible on my psyche until my dying day.

For me 'Political Correctness' is a shield for the cowards.

Archived