onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reverse racism , no?

Guppy 4 England

Advert

This is an example of the Judge not having the bottle to put the guy in jail in case the defendant said he only went to prison due to him being Asian. The other way round, there would have been riots, press hounding the white person and the press calling for a lengthy prison sentence.

Sorry but it has to work both ways if people are to be treated the same.

Any case the individual - no matter if he had pink, green, white or black skin should have gone down for the cowardly act he did to the 57 year bloke. It shows he has no moral or ethical standards or thoughts and thinks life owes him. The old boy is probably scared to go down the street in case it happens again.

Do you have case law examples of like for like cases where no racial slurs were reported?

I can't understand the points some are making on this without any fact to back it up, yes he's a vile piece of work but not it seems a racist.

Here's a story for you...I'm very well tanned due to living abroad most of the time, last season when I dismissed an idiot playing Sunday league football, he chose to racially abuse me as he perceived I was mixed race. Yes he really was that thick. He got exactly the same punishment he would have received had he made the comments to a person of ethnic origin. The difference is my race hasn't been persecuted for 100's of years.

Your comment is based on presumption, which carries no weight. This was not a racially motivated crime,as highlighted by the fact the victim never claims it to be one. The sad truth is if "the shoe was on the other foot..." then it probably would have been racially motivated, such is the appalling current climate

This thread is pure ****-stirring and should be closed.

Sense at last!

I have no idea on what basis the victim was chosen..maybe they had let Asian drivers go past without confronting them, maybe they hadn't, maybe they didn't like his haircut, maybe it was the colour or model of the car..I really don't know

What i do believe is that he and his mates should have received a much harsher sentence...12 months in nick minimum

Depends why you want England to beat India..if it's cos you want it to prove that us English are better people than those ****ing******ing Indian ******* who just want to ***** and ******** then that's racist

If it's cos you're English and so want the team representing your nation to win then no issues

Reverse racism? It's when people look down on people who drive their cars backwards.

Or it's when discrimination against a dominant racial group in a society has taken place

I too have just looked it up on Wikipedia, and you've missed out the quotation marks!:)

But seriously it's a phrase that's not needed. Racism is racism. Doesn't matter if it's Nazi propaganda against the Jews, Israeli politicians towards the Palestinians or some of Sol Campbell's less well thought out diatribes.

How can race not be an issue when a group of Asians have battered an old English bloke?

I don't know if it was racially motivated or not, but that's a ridiculous comment. If you play football and you foul an Asian person, does that mean that race was the issue because it's a white person and Asian involved?

Archived