onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reverse racism , no?

Guppy 4 England

ARROGANT teenager Hamza Ahmed stepped out in front of a car and told the motorist 'This is my street' before beating him up.

The 18-year-old stood in front of Peter Graham's vehicle forcing him to stop near his Etruria home.

The 57-year-old got out and challenged the defendant as to why he had done it and he replied: 'It is my street'.

As Mr Graham returned to his car, Ahmed and his friends attacked him.

Prosecutor Paul Spratt said Mr Graham was near his home when Ahmed stepped into the road.

"He challenged Ahmed as to why he had done it," said Mr Spratt.

"It was the catalyst for what followed. Ahmed said, 'It is my street,' which led to an argument and the trading of insults.

"The defendant was with two others of a similar age and a child.

"Mr Graham started to return to his vehicle. He opened the door but it was pushed and he was trapped between the car and the door.

"He was assaulted. He was punched eight times and kicked to the face on three occasions."

Mr Spratt said it was one of the others who kicked the victim in the face but Ahmed delivered a 'significant' blow with his fist which felled him.

Mr Graham managed to get to his feet and drive home.

He sustained bruising and swelling to his nose and face. And one of his teeth was damaged and needs a £400 crown. A further £500 damage was caused to the victim's car.

Ahmed, of James Brindley Court, Etruria, pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and criminal damage on February 7.

Andrew Baker, mitigating, said Ahmed, who has no previous convictions, is 'utterly ashamed' of his actions and has brought shame on his family.

In a letter to the judge, the defendant's uncle said: "What he did was unacceptable, inexcusable and shameful. As a family we are appalled by his behaviour."

Recorder Andrew Easteal sentenced Ahmed to six months in custody, suspended for 12 months, with 80 hours unpaid work.

He must also pay £1,200 compensation.

The judge said: "The man you attacked was 57 years old and was simply driving his car near his home.

"The arrogance with which you pronounced, 'This is my street,' was a warning to what you were going to do.

"I accept you did not kick him to the face but somebody did, and you were part of a group, which means you shared responsibility.

"I hope you are as utterly ashamed of the pain you have brought on your family as you report to be."

How is this not a racially motivated attack? If the shoe was on the other foot the guy would have faced far worse.

Advert

Not quite sure where you are going with this. It’s a shocking and horrific attack. Personally, I think that jail time is warranted here. However, there is no suggestion that there is anything racially motivated in this is there? It just happens that the guy that did it is one colour and the totally innocent victim white.

Having said that, there is a definite case for had this been the other way round, the ‘race card’ MAY have been played by certain sections of the community.

Should we not just look at this for what it is … that a nasty piece of violence has been punished and that an innocent man has suffered?

But it wasn't and the issue of race was never raised.

If your granny was your grandad you would never have been born :)

But that is the point. If it was the other way around and the Asian lad was assaulted then it would be seen as some racial motivated attack. This probably was just a bunch of yobs but if it was the other way around i guarantee people would say it was a racist attack.

But it wasn't and the issue of race was never raised.

If your granny was your grandad you would never have been born :)

I know race had nothing to do with the attack in question, but if a white person attacked an Asian would it have been brought up?

But that is the point. If it was the other way around and the Asian lad was assaulted then it would be seen as some racial motivated attack. This probably was just a bunch of yobs but if it was the other way around i guarantee people would say it was a racist attack.

Your comment is based on presumption, which carries no weight. This was not a racially motivated crime,as highlighted by the fact the victim never claims it to be one. The sad truth is if "the shoe was on the other foot..." then it probably would have been racially motivated, such is the appalling current climate

This thread is pure ****-stirring and should be closed.

He was an idiot. He was convicted. Where does race come into it?

This is an example of the Judge not having the bottle to put the guy in jail in case the defendant said he only went to prison due to him being Asian. The other way round, there would have been riots, press hounding the white person and the press calling for a lengthy prison sentence.

Sorry but it has to work both ways if people are to be treated the same.

Any case the individual - no matter if he had pink, green, white or black skin should have gone down for the cowardly act he did to the 57 year bloke. It shows he has no moral or ethical standards or thoughts and thinks life owes him. The old boy is probably scared to go down the street in case it happens again.

Your comment is based on presumption, which carries no weight. This was not a racially motivated crime,as highlighted by the fact the victim never claims it to be one. The sad truth is if "the shoe was on the other foot..." then it probably would have been racially motivated, such is the appalling current climate

This thread is pure ****-stirring and should be closed.

I never said this was racially motivated at all. And yes it is a presumption and wth the current state I do think if it was the other way around it may have been different.

Archived