onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reverse racism , no?

Guppy 4 England

Advert

It's sad that in a debate such as this when some people who see the incident as having racist connotations are themselves called racist or in this case bigots. .

I've no problem with anyone suggesting that this MAY have racist connotations or that it should be investigated to prove if racism was involved or not (it should be investigated to prove that or otherwise)..but I have a problem with anyone claiming it was racially motivated just cos people of different races were involved when they don't know that it was racially motivated. Idiots of different races attack/abuse each other for all sorts of reasons other than racism

Not investigating the motivation leads to speculation as to the motivation which does no good at all

For the attack to have shown racial discrimination, you would have to prove that the victim was treated worse than someone of a different race. This would appear to be simply an an unprovoked attack by a group on an older person, which has rightly been condemned and punished. Trying to bring race into it is not helpful. I'm more concerned that the other members of the gang do not appear to have been caught and brought to justice.

For the attack to have shown racial discrimination, you would have to prove that the victim was treated worse than someone of a different race.

Or get the crim to say so/admit it was

This would appear to be simply an an unprovoked attack by a group on an older person, which has rightly been condemned and punished. Trying to bring race into it is not helpful. I'm more concerned that the other members of the gang do not appear to have been caught and brought to justice.

Certainly from what we know it was unprovoked

Ignoring that it might have been racially motivated is also unhelpful. It does no good to ignore the possibility and to not investigate it as a possibility.

"The council spokesman said the incident, which he described as “an extreme example of animal cruelty” could have been “maliciously” or “racially motivated”.

I know it's early days since this happened but you'd have hoped the 'paper would have asked him/her why he/she thinks it could have been racially motivated..surely not just cos of where it happened (the curry mile)? If he/she had no evidence it was idiotic to suggest at that point what the motivation was

My first point you ask for - obviously they outweigh the opposite way, does that mean we have to bury the so-called 'reverse cases' when they happen to page 7, or maybe page one for a day and then vanish? Yet when its the white on coloured its dragged up for years. A for instance - the lad who was grabbed in Scotland, driven for hundreds of miles, stabbed several times then burned alive, by a gang of asian lads who were seeking retribution for a fight in a nightclub (not involving the 15 year old they grabbed), this got press but not for long. The gang of coloured girls who walked around shouting how they were going to beat up a 'white b***h' then did just that. Compare your knowledge of those cases to some of the ones that are brought up in the press year on year, my point is that the press isn't equal.

My second point you require, the OP i imagine (and other posters seem to too) thinks the lad was acting in a similar way to the no whites Bradford thing.

I judge everybody as i find, hence me having friends of every race, and disliking people equally from every race if i think they are worth disliking.

The trouble is JA, many people daren't make a comment on anything racist if it works the other way for fear of being accused of racism, me - i say as i see because i know in my heart i am not racist, i will admit to repeating racist jokes if they are funny, just the same as i'll repeat sexist jokes, religious jokes, etc. It does not make a racist.

Finally, it takes no more or no less courage at all to dare to state what you think - as the OP did, so in your classic words - what's your point?

i will admit to repeating racist jokes if they are funny, just the same as i'll repeat sexist jokes, religious jokes, etc. It does not make a racist.

Blimey you should be so proud :)

Your social circle must be a hoot to be around, what do you do for physical activity, go running around in a white hood with two holes cut out!?

Blimey you should be so proud :)

Your social circle must be a hoot to be around, what do you do for physical activity, go running around in a white hood with two holes cut out!?

No , that would be in my neck of the woods. Seriously. In Houston, the 57 yr. old , after having been assaulted, would have pulled out his legally concealed handgun and shot him. End of story.

Archived