onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reverse racism , no?

Guppy 4 England

When an Asian man is a peadophile, he's an Asian peadophile and his wider culture is called into question

When a White man is a peadophile, he's just a peadophile and his wider culture isn't called into question.

Why is this? Just wondering like.

Excellent point

Personally until proven otherwise their ethnicity, culture, race or religion is an absolute irrelevance but it should be investigated wherever there is systematic organised abuse as to all the factors involved to get it out in the open and to address the issues. I honestly can't belivee that race/ethnicity is ever an issue as I can't belive that one race is more inclined to paedophilia than any other, but culture in its broadest sense could be a factor although I suspect that in the overwhelming majority of cases it comes come down to the individual..who of course might link up with like minded individuals and so great a group and go about things systematically

Advert

3. The element of thinking racist jokes are funny which is just sickening and indefensible. Thankfully the majority of people in the UK no longer support or tolerate such behaviour.

Were the Goodness Gracious Me sketches taking the p out of Eastenders and 'going for an English' indefensible? White people were undoubtedly the butt of the joke after all. I thought they were hilarious. Was Father Ted racist cos of its portrayal of Irish people..even though written by Irish people? I think it's obnw of the funniest sit comes ever..ditto Mrs Browns Boys, Rab C Nesbitt etc

My point is surely it depends on the teller and the purpose of the joke and so they are sometimes 'defensible'

Excellent point

Personally until proven otherwise their ethnicity, culture, race or religion is an absolute irrelevance but it should be investigated wherever there is systematic organised abuse as to all the factors involved to get it out in the open and to address the issues. I honestly can't belivee that race/ethnicity is ever an issue as I can't belive that one race is more inclined to paedophilia than any other, but culture in its broadest sense could be a factor although I suspect that in the overwhelming majority of cases it comes come down to the individual..who of course might link up with like minded individuals and so great a group and go about things systematically

On this we totally agree.

Were the Goodness Gracious Me sketches taking the p out of Eastenders and 'going for an English' indefensible? White people were undoubtedly the butt of the joke after all. I thought they were hilarious. Was Father Ted racist cos of its portrayal of Irish people..even though written by Irish people? I think it's obnw of the funniest sit comes ever..ditto Mrs Browns Boys, Rab C Nesbitt etc

My point is surely it depends on the teller and the purpose of the joke and so they are sometimes 'defensible'

On this we don't ;)

It sadly does when it comes to deep rooted issues like this.

Whe it comes to deep rooted issues it's even more important to listen to other view points and not just dismiss them cos they aren't yours..obvioulsy everyone makes their own mind up in the end but if anyone is not prepared to listen to other view points then they're basically refusing to take a chance to learn and grow

Whe it comes to deep rooted issues it's even more important to listen to other view points and not just dismiss them cos they aren't yours..obvioulsy everyone makes their own mind up in the end but if anyone is not prepared to listen to other view points then they're basically refusing to take a chance to learn and grow

Not if they are condoning illegal activities though. I wouldn't want to learn or grow into that.

To be honest that's a programme I never watched do couldn't comment.

It's a programme that plays up to all the stereotypes of the Irish as ignorant, backward, thick, drunkards..it just happens to have been written by two Irish men..would it make any difference it it had been written by two English men?

Not if they are condoning illegal activities though. I wouldn't want to learn or grow into that.

No one is asking you to..but you won't learn that they may be right or have some valid points unless you're prepared to listen and take on board what they are saying. I belive it wrong to just dismiss it cos it's a different point of view..can anyione be that convinced that tey know all there is to know on a subject?

I'll listen to anyone, take it on board,, analyse it and if i think it's warranted pull it apart..can't just dismiss it cos it's not what i think

No one is asking you to..but you won't learn that they may be right or have some valid points unless you're prepared to listen and take on board what they are saying. I belive it wrong to just dismiss it cos it's a different point of view..can anyione be that convinced that tey know all there is to know on a subject?

I'll listen to anyone, take it on board,, analyse it and if i think it's warranted pull it apart..can't just dismiss it cos it's not what i think

That's your choice, I simply can't understand or comprehend why anyone would tolerate it.

Then I don't see how that's a problem if they are taking the **** out of themselves.

But it's always wrong for a non-irish person to take the **** out of Irish people? If the writers happened to be English it suddenly becomes racist even though it's the same lines, the same stories, the same jokes, the same reason for writing it (as a parody, to make people laugh etc)?

Archived