onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Two Loan Signings Targeted

VantaaVale

The people who are saying Yates isn't good enough can back up their argument (poor distribution/backs off too much/ poor on the ball) but I haven't seen one reason as to why some people think he's any good

In my opinion he's OK but last season he was probably the worst regular player in the 1st team apart from griff

What nonsense. Consider my argument backed up by the fact he's still at the club and playing, so it's just me & Micky then...

Advert

Yates is a good league one right back, I'm with G4E, the stick he gets on here is ridiculous.

I think we'll see an new Adam Yates once again because this season he will have a winger in front of him who tracks back. Easy to be made to look silly when it's 2 v 1

I think we'll see an new Adam Yates once again because this season he will have a winger in front of him who tracks back. Easy to be made to look silly when it's 2 v 1

To be fair he's been here 5 years and JMW was only here 2 of those. In the first of JMW's years Yates had his best season so I'm not sure I agree with too much of that.

All those having a dig at Yates if so inclined could say virtually the same of most of our players,how many are perfect ?

Many on here rant and rave over Dicko,yet how many times does he get put on the wrong foot and left for dead by wingers,how many times does he get caught out of position,punt the ball up field in hope,fact is because he wears his heart on his sleeve puts in 100% effort these things are over looked,how many times a year do we lose Yates through suspension ?

Not having a go at Dicko in particular as i say nearly all our players have their faults or they would'nt be at Vale.

We will need to add more quality and competition for places but to be fair, every time Adam Yates has been written off, he comes back in the side and makes himself difficult to drop. He looks like a player who has worked on his game massively over the 5 years or so he's been here.

All those having a dig at Yates if so inclined could say virtually the same of most of our players,how many are perfect ?

Many on here rant and rave over Dicko,yet how many times does he get put on the wrong foot and left for dead by wingers,how many times does he get caught out of position,punt the ball up field in hope,fact is because he wears his heart on his sleeve puts in 100% effort these things are over looked,how many times a year do we lose Yates through suspension ?

Not having a go at Dicko in particular as i say nearly all our players have their faults or they would'nt be at Vale.

I thoroughly agree. I think Yates is massively underrated by some fans. I remember back 5/6 years ago when we didn't have a right-back even worthy of the name.

For me, Yates is consistent, he puts in decent balls when he gets forward and he rarely gets injured or suspended. Yes, he's not a world beater, yes, he needs competition (that's fair enough), but he doesn't half come in for some unwarranted criticism.

I thoroughly agree. I think Yates is massively underrated by some fans. I remember back 5/6 years ago when we didn't have a right-back even worthy of the name.

For me, Yates is consistent, he puts in decent balls when he gets forward and he rarely gets injured or suspended. Yes, he needs competition that's fair enough, but he doesn't half come in for some unwarranted criticism, in my opinion.

Well said Rob. Some fans always need a scapegoat, unfair that someone as hard working, committed and vale through and through as Adam Yates is the one to get it!

Well said Rob. Some fans always need a scapegoat, unfair that someone as hard working, committed and vale through and through as Adam Yates is the one to get it!

Thank you. I can see the point that in an ideal world, we'd have a better right-back but in an ideal world we'd have someone better in every position in the pitch. No-one is irreplaceable.

But it's all the comments like "dire", "dreadful" that are unwarranted. Yates is a good right-back, who helped get us promoted and held his own in League One last season. He's not the best right-back I have ever seen at Vale but he's a long way from being the worst.

Not only that but I would have thought that the fact that he's committed, he's local and he rarely lets anyone down (the same qualities as fans' favorite Mr Pope) would endear him more to the fans, not make him a scapegoat.

I would sooner have Yates in my team that Duffy. He had half a dozen good games at the end of last season and people think he is the first name on the team sheet. I would not be surprised if Duffy is not in the first team by Christmas.

It's good that Robertson is still here, simply as he's an out and out centre-back and that's what we need. Preston fans were generally gutted to see him go so there must be something about him despite some iffy performances for us.

What as happened Patterson

I would sooner have Yates in my team that Duffy. He had half a dozen good games at the end of last season and people think he is the first name on the team sheet. I would not be surprised if Duffy is not in the first team by Christmas.

Sorry no chance, Duffy is about the first name on the team sheet from a defence perspective.

I agree there's no need to use Yates as a scapegoat but hopefully he will be more a squad player this season if we can get in a decent long term loan RB.

Sorry no chance, Duffy is about the first name on the team sheet from a defence perspective.

I agree there's no need to use Yates as a scapegoat but hopefully he will be more a squad player this season if we can get in a decent long term loan RB.

Only at centre back, hes woeful at full back.

Archived