onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lofty is Off

Advert

Just returned from 4 nights out of country and was reading all the good news about manager/players signing contracts......then read about my Captain Marvel, Dougy. Big blow to us this. Will have to use all our resources and wisdom to replace such a popular, hard working, competent player.

Wish you and your family all the very best Doug. Many, many thanks for all you did in your time with us. Great shame you could not continue the ride with us as we are starting now to climb away from all the lower league doldrums and a bright future is ours, bur sadly not with you now.

Trust Micky now to secure us a fantastic, wise, experienced, ball playing, goal scoring replacement to excite Valiants everywhere. Chins up faithful fans, we are going places and new additions will put bums on seats.:yes:

He will be missed.

Club captain, great versatility, 100% effort and commitment always, and he chipped in with, what was it, 9 goals from midfield last year.

How on earth can anyone say he won't be missed? Of course he will.

Jack of all trades, master of non..

Not really bothered and his wages can be better spent else where.

Good luck at the Gills

Sort of how I feel. I'd rather our bets players have nailed on positions and a couple of versatile 'squad' players. I also think that we need a captain who can really get the team going (Dicko for me).

A good servant to the Vale, an 100% effort player and will be missed.

Hope that he does O.K. at Gills except when they play the Vale.

I can't see a better player being brought in for the wages that the club might offer, unless Mickey does some of his magic.

He will be missed, clearly.

We aren't blessed with a great deal of what I would call natural footballers (we've always been more of a team of fighters under Adams IMO) but Loft's vision, first touch and ability to get up and down the pitch efficiently have stood out.

He's not an impossible player to replace, but players with his quality aren't exactly ten a penny.

Archived