onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England-2014 World Cup.

I read somewhere that Brazil haven't lost a competitive match at home since 1975 so it will be a tall order to knock them out once it gets to last 16

The whole defence looks dodgy to me..I remember against Italy in 82 and this looks similar defensively

Neymar holds onto the ball too much..trying to do the spectacular at the expense of the simple

I can see them being undone by a really well organised team defensively with quality strikers...I'm thinking Germany

Mexico posed a good challenge but the goalie was their star man. Fred was ineffective and this caused Neymar to have to do too much and Fred couldn't even manage to take up good positions in the box to receive from Neymar. The Brazil defence looks ok to me.

Advert

It looks like Rooney will be played in the middle behind sturridge with sterling wide right and possibly wellbeck on the left. I will be disappointed if they do because rooney will hold the ball up and slow play down wheras sterling is more likely to turn and run at the defense. The reason England always struggle to break well organised teams down is becasuse we slow the play down when we get to the edge of the box so putting rooney in the middle will mean a return to the same old proplems. To put it simply Rooney has had his chance in torunaments and failed miserably. The time to drop him is now I dotn want a bore draw V uruguay...or a narrow defeat that puts us out.

It looks like Rooney will be played in the middle behind sturridge with sterling wide right and possibly wellbeck on the left. I will be disappointed if they do because rooney will hold the ball up and slow play down wheras sterling is more likely to turn and run at the defense. The reason England always struggle to break well organised teams down is becasuse we slow the play down when we get to the edge of the box so putting rooney in the middle will mean a return to the same old proplems. To put it simply Rooney has had his chance in torunaments and failed miserably. The time to drop him is now I dotn want a bore draw V uruguay...or a narrow defeat that puts us out.

You know what..you may well be right about Rooney; to an extent I thibnk that's what's gone wrong with Spain playing Costa up front..and Torres

Aus doing well against Holland 1-1 at half time; in fact just seen the Aussie goal from Cahill :notworthy:

You know what..you may well be right about Rooney; to an extent I thibnk that's what's gone wrong with Spain playing Costa up front..and Torres

Aus doing well against Holland 1-1 at half time; in fact just seen the Aussie goal from Cahill :notworthy:

Spain were doing ok until half time. But apart from concentration mistakes their big problem was playing a three man midfield with Alonso and Xavi in it. They are still technically excellent, but they are also well in to their 30's. They have not got the legs. Also Alba looked ok, but he has been out for quite a while in the last few months of the season. Finally Iker Casillas was the best goalie in the world but he has gone in to mega decline and needed to be dropped. Valdes would have been an excellent replacement but is injured and in my opinion Reina was allowed to leave Liverpool because he too was making too many mistakes. Time for DeGea?

Spain were woeful, Ramos gave the worst defensive display yet in this World Cup. Thought the Dutch played very well but against a better team this afternoon they nearly came undone.

Oh....and Messi is a far better player than Ronaldo, but must admit Ronaldo has had the better season.

Spain were doing ok until half time. But apart from concentration mistakes their big problem was playing a three man midfield with Alonso and Xavi in it. They are still technically excellent, but they are also well in to their 30's. They have not got the legs. Also Alba looked ok, but he has been out for quite a while in the last few months of the season. Finally Iker Casillas was the best goalie in the world but he has gone in to mega decline and needed to be dropped. Valdes would have been an excellent replacement but is injured and in my opinion Reina was allowed to leave Liverpool because he too was making too many mistakes. Time for DeGea?

Spain's game was based on pressing high up the field and winning the ball back as quickly as possible,that seems to have been abandoned,probably because of the condition in Brazil.

From what I have read [not seen any world cup action] the lads from down under have done extremely well in this world cup. Give their all, played the game and played to win... Thats football at its best.

The game last night from which I'm still a little bleary eyed was a stormer, aside from the first 20 minutes against Chile then can be exceptionally proud with such a young team.

The Asian Cup that is coming up at the turn of the year will be a great opportunity for them :)

Russia look woeful under Capello, proving he is a toss manager, ruined AC milan, had a lucky season with superstars at real madrid and done nothing since. Most over rated manager in history

Milan

Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96

Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994

UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94

European Super Cup (1): 1994

Interesting view.

Archived