onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England-2014 World Cup.

Colombia didn't show up in their quarter-final. IMHO the game showed much of the dark side of South American football, kicking of the calves and achiles tendon, kneeing in the back etc and many unnecessary fouls and endless time wasting. Referee was awful just let it go on not producing a yellow card 'til Silva's foul on the goalkeeper. Now understand why Diego Godin wasn't sent off vs England.

James Rodriguez was kicked out of the game.

Without homefield advantage this Brazilian team would never win the World Cup.

Home advantage is massive in the world cup. Past and recent history shows that.

Advert

Home advantage is massive in the world cup. Past and recent history shows that.

Yes, but only if the hosting team has an excellent team like England '66, West Germany '74, Argentina '78 and France in '98. Since 1950 only four World Cups out of sixteen have been won by the hosting nation (5/19 in total).

Home advantage is massive for Brazil in this competition, whether they will win it is anyone's guess but if this Brazilian team didn't have home advantage they would be out by now.

Yes, but only if the hosting team has an excellent team like England '66, West Germany '74, Argentina '78 and France in '98. Since 1950 only four World Cups out of sixteen have been won by the hosting nation (5/19 in total).

Home advantage is massive for Brazil in this competition, whether they will win it is anyone's guess but if this Brazilian team didn't have home advantage they would be out by now.

But then you also have to factor in the improvement in teams that host, take South Korea in 2002 for example and as an aside In the Euros too with the success England had in 1996.

So "Home advantage is massive in the world cup" ;)

Benefitting from home advantage does not necessarily mean winning it but doing better than you would if you were not at home..it surely gives the host nation's team a boost/advantage in every World Cup?

So "Home advantage is massive in the world cup" ;)

Benefitting from home advantage does not necessarily mean winning it but doing better than you would if you were not at home..it surely gives the host nation's team a boost/advantage in every World Cup?

I said " Home advantage is massive for Brazil in this competition.........(#521)" The original poster said "Home advantage is massive in the world cup". I was surprised when I looked up the stats that only 5 times has the host nation won out of 19 WC's, I perceived it to be more than that.:)

Just out of interest I was going to look up the same stats for the Euros but haven't got around to it.

I was responding to this "if this Brazilian team didn't have home advantage they would be out by now."

It is a surprise how few hosts have won as perception is that it's more than it is, until you take into account hosts have included Sweden , Mexico twice, Japan and Korea, South Africa, Switzerland, Chile and the USA..none of whom would have been expected to win the thing. Probably the few that one thought might have won but didn't were Brazil 50, Italy 90 , Spain 82 and err..that's about it i think..I would not include Germany in 2006 as they were very much rebuilding

Spain won the Euros at home in 64, France in 84 and that would appear to be all. Portugal lost the final at home in 2004

Well.. this is going to be a cricket score... 4-0 Germany already. Unbelievably bad defending by the Brazilians. No amount of home advantage will turn this around.

And good to see that so far the referee hasn't fallen for any of the Brazilian simulations.

Edit 5-0... unbelievable. Brazil has crashed. This is a footballing lesson I thought I'd never see a Brazilian team endure.

But then you also have to factor in the improvement in teams that host, take South Korea in 2002 for example

South Korea got to the semi-finals because of a change in the rules that said they had to be awarded at least one stupid decision each game.

Some on here have obviously been influence by that prize cretin Martin O'Neill (the Dr Goebbels of football panels) and his hate campaign against Robben and Holland.

The brain-dead Irish idiot has been a disgrace on that panel, and as for Robben - yes he makes the most of his fouls, buit that doesn't chang the fact that they ARE fouls. 2 crystal clear penalties denied in the first half, justice done at the end.

Defenders are being tormented by his priceless skills and he has been a joy to watch - so give credit where it is due and enjoy true class. Perhaps that is asking a bit much in some cases.

Hmm, I always thought that Martin O'Neill was British. The heat is getting to me.:rolleyes::D

Archived