onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England-2014 World Cup.

Advert

You've lost the plot now mate. Woeful against Greece?? He was outstanding against Greece and not just for the winning free kick. He, virtually single handed, dragged England to victory through his work ethic and will to win; in a similar way to Gerrard did in Istanbul.

He was toss running around a lot doesnt make you a good player. As I said he scored his umpteen th direct free kick of the game, I remember after the hour mark praying he would let Gerrard, sheringham etc. To have one instead.

Also everyone still seems to miss the point that Gerrard has played out of position for about 10 years and still been quality for his country.

He was toss running around a lot doesnt make you a good player. As I said he scored his umpteen th direct free kick of the game, I remember after the hour mark praying he would let Gerrard, sheringham etc. To have one instead.

Also everyone still seems to miss the point that Gerrard has played out of position for about 10 years and still been quality for his country.

Beckham was brilliant throughout the game against Greece. What is Gerrards best position? Certainly not found it for England and he's been tried in many positions. I can see your argument that Gerrard is a better player than Beckham, I don't agree but Gerrard has been excellent for Liverpool but I really cannot see where you are coming from when you say he has been better for England than Beckham,IMO he has only had a handful of good games compared to IMO England's best ever right sided midfielder.

He's a central midfielder who played in central midfield. If he didn't like it he could have done what Scholes did. The bottom line is that his iconic performances have been in the shirt of his club.

Beckham was brilliant against Greece. Gerrard may have been out of position but he certainly hasnt been quality, far from it. Hes great for Liverpool and really average for England. Beckham was a far better player. Time for Gerrard to retire from internationals imo.

I agreed 100% with what Chris Waddle said on BBC last night after the France game when he was asked by Gary Lineker "Where do England go from here besides home"?Nothing will change he said,we'll be saying the same things after Euro 2016 and after the World Cup in 2018,I couldn't agree more.

All will be forgotten in a couple of months time when the Premier League once again kicks off,fans and commentators will say how brilliant it is,the best league in the world,with of course the best players.Meanwhile Costa Rica have to rely on players from two of their local clubs Deportivo Saprissa and CSD Cartagines plus others from New York Red Bulls,Levante,Rosenborg.AIK Solna and Columbus Crew.

We are not as good as we think we are and the FA and the PL need to both get their act together for the sake of English football,which has become a laughing stock.

I agreed 100% with what Chris Waddle said on BBC last night after the France game when he was asked by Gary Lineker "Where do England go from here besides home"?Nothing will change he said,we'll be saying the same things after Euro 2016 and after the World Cup in 2018,I couldn't agree more.

All will be forgotten in a couple of months time when the Premier League once again kicks off,fans and commentators will say how brilliant it is,the best league in the world,with of course the best players.Meanwhile Costa Rica have to rely on players from two of their local clubs Deportivo Saprissa and CSD Cartagines plus others from New York Red Bulls,Levante,Rosenborg.AIK Solna and Columbus Crew.

We are not as good as we think we are and the FA and the PL need to both get their act together for the sake of English football,which has become a laughing stock.

But we have the great minds of Dyke, Gradi and Danny Mills working to save us on that commission! ;)

It was never a penalty. And oh so predictable that the one player of twenty two you'd bet your house on to do so goes down in the box and comes up smiling.

Everything I hate about today's game was so evident again here, with no possibility for Mexico to challenge an incorrect decision.

Archived