onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

1st April 2014, Port Vale 2 Crawley Town 1 Pre-match, Match, post match comments

Fosse69

make that 15 points' date=' 3 points off 7th and 4 off playoffs. is that so unacceptable? When was the last time we dropped out of the top half of the table?[/quote']

It is acceptable. But the recent form is not. 15 points from 14 games is still relegation form, if we had played half decent in those 14 games we would be in the play offs. Am I the only one that thinks this is a pretty poor league again? Lots of average and below average sides with a couple who are at better than the rest.

Advert

We've got to sign Billy Knott

Totally agree and I never thought I would said it earlier in the season but I would sadly sacrifice Lines wage to get him,sadly though Cullerton said teams will be watching him and he could go for a better offer in the Championship

I might be the only one and I know he scored but I actually think it was one of his poorest games of the season.

Agreed. He's had a few bad ones recently but can't fault his effort.

Thought Crawley played some great football in the first half. They played with great movement which we could cope with, especially Joe Davies. Second half we raised the tempo and we looked like a different team. The ref was shocking towards both teams. In the first half he was a home banker but second half was different again.

Well done lads.

1st half they were better than us their big man wee man combo up front caused us (& Davis in particular) all kind of problems. They really should have been at least 2 to the good. Second half we were much better and Knott played well, Pope was tireless and Robertson did well. A great if slightly undeserved 3 pts. Ref was t0$$ for both teams. Crisis? What crisis?

I might be the only one and I know he scored but I actually think it was one of his poorest games of the season.

Your right he was anonymous until the keeper spilled his shot. Thought we got out of jail tonight we never looked comfortable on the ball and it didn't make much difference to them when they went down to 10 men our ball retention sometimes is shocking however we managed to grind out a result it will be interesting to see how we cope with Walsall.

Ref sends off wrong player, Robertson instead of Lines

Thick cnut!

Had the ref punished Crawley, for a bad foul on Davis seconds before it all kicked off,Robbo wouldn't have got sent off!!Who was the idiot Crawley player that ran the length of the field to get involved ?Was it that No 4:banghead:The linesman on Lorne St was terrible again,missing 2 obvious decisions where the ball had gone out of play for a throw in:rolleyes:

Not a great spectacle. However 3 points that should keep us up. What I and I'm sure many other Vale would like to see from Norman and Port Vale in general is some positive news. Get your fingers out and lets be professional. Fed up of being run like Fred Carno's circus. The fans are there but they need to be encouraged. Sometimes I despair.

I thought, for about the tenth game on the spin, we were absolutely terrible.

Davis just hasn't got what it takes to be playing at this level. He needs to make better decisions, position himself better and be stronger. Maybe after 3 seasons of conference football, but I doubt it.

Tomlin was garbage today. Lines was poor and loft, like the last few games, has been below his usual high standards.

Knott was absolute class. We must sign him. God knows why he was taken off. Adams will probably drop him and play Griffith.

The sending off was bizarre. The foul by lines and nothing Robertson did was any worse than what their players did them surrounding the ref. Old habits die hard from fatty's reign at creepy Crawley!

Robertson was terrified to go near Fallon all game. Duffy is a decent centre half but a rubbish full back.

We didn't give Pope any service at all, all game.

Happy with 3 points but watching Vale recently is as about as enjoyable as watching a documentary on knitting.

Vale are going to appeal the red card apparently:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-set-appeal-Chris-Robertson-s-red-card/story-20893886-detail/story.html

I'm a little concerned at the bit which says: "Vale will study the video again before deciding whether to appeal against what is likely to be a three-game ban for Robertson." If the ref has said he was sent off for the foul and he didn't commit the foul then they have to appeal it or they could get in trouble. The FA Rule says "A Club failing to lodge a claim for mistaken identity may be charged with Misconduct by

The Association if there is evidence that the Club sought to gain an advantage by remaining silent on the matter." If the red card is transferred to Lines and not rescinded he will get a four game ban.

It is acceptable. But the recent form is not. 15 points from 14 games is still relegation form, if we had played half decent in those 14 games we would be in the play offs. Am I the only one that thinks this is a pretty poor league again? Lots of average and below average sides with a couple who are at better than the rest.

firstly 15 from 13 is not relegation form. Secondly a season is based over 46 games, not selective to an average run of form over 13 games. Since we have been in the top half of the table we haven't dropped out of it. Your reply to this is that it's a poor league. It isn't at all, there are some very good teams in this league and we are above many that should be above us. We have moved on from the team we had last season and we are reaping the rewards for it. That isn't a reflection on the league, just how far we have come as a team.

For some it is any excuse to talk down our achievements this season.

I thought Vale were extremely lucky tonight but it just goes to show if you keep missing chances you get punished. Crawley played some really good stuff and Clarke and Fallon linked up really well. Davis was all over the show and I know I've only seen about 10 Vale games this season but never been overly impresses by Lines, he likes to knock it about but he seems to enjoy putting his own defence under pressure with some suicidal passes. Compare that with Knott who always looks to be positive and spread the play, two good feet and a real footballing brain. Be nice if Vale could grab him at the end of the season but I can see a bottom half Championship club taking a punt on him.

Impressed with Knott and also Pope tonight who was essentially being fed scraps but held the ball up well, not one of Loft's better games as he was pretty wasteful but his head never drops and his workrate is superb. Felt a bit sorry for Crawley and their 29 fans but that's football, I know I always say it but when I turn up Vale win I'm a lucky charm, after stealing 3 points tonight not sure their can be any other explanation......:D

Can't disagree with you at all there, TP. We got out of jail tonight. Have you ever seen a smaller away following at a game?!!

Not a great spectacle. However 3 points that should keep us up. What I and I'm sure many other Vale would like to see from Norman and Port Vale in general is some positive news. Get your fingers out and lets be professional. Fed up of being run like Fred Carno's circus. The fans are there but they need to be encouraged. Sometimes I despair.

I despair for you that you thought we were in danger of going down. Have we looked anything other than a mid / top half table team all season? We are 4 points off 6th with 6 games to go. Would you rather us be in a relegation battle to give you something to play for instead of the dead rubbers we have remaining? I'm sure your answer to that would be yes, and it is all Micky and Smurfs fault they haven't given it to you

Archived