onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

1st April 2014, Port Vale 2 Crawley Town 1 Pre-match, Match, post match comments

Fosse69

But as a team they are good enough. As evidenced by their league position!

I agree with smithie here. What do people want or expect? This is a League One football club.

People say they won't buy season tickets or pay the walk up price next season, while at the same time moaning about the quality of the team or individual players. How is it possible for the team to improve when there is not enough money to fund it? Does everyone just expect Smurf to keep dipping his hands into his pocket?

Is it moaning or is looking for continuous improvement? I get the bigger picture I understand all that but its on right that any club business or career are always looking to build on current achievements. For me im just disappointed some of the fringe players have not grasped the opportunity with both hands when gaining a place in the starting 11

Advert

But as a team they are good enough. As evidenced by their league position!

I agree with smithie here. What do people want or expect? This is a League One football club.

People say they won't buy season tickets or pay the walk up price next season, while at the same time moaning about the quality of the team or individual players. How is it possible for the team to improve when there is not enough money to fund it? Does everyone just expect Smurf to keep dipping his hands into his pocket?

Is it moaning or is looking for continuous improvement? I get the bigger picture I understand all that but its on right that any club business or career are always looking to build on current achievements. For me im just disappointed some of the fringe players have not grasped the opportunity with both hands when gaining a place in the starting 11

Define continuos improvement. Look at the last 3 seasons & where we have finished in the league. Is that not continuous improvement?

Just watched the highlights on youtube, the ref was 2 yards away when Lines flew in to their player how he sent Robertson off beggars belief! :D

We should appeal, as it looked like a slip from Lines anyways, looks much worse than it actually was.

So last night approximately 500 ST holders didn't show up.

What a bunch of tarts. It was a beautiful evening to watch a game and in the end an entertaining match.

We came from behind to win, we saw Billy Knott's cracker, two sendings off & controversy.

It looks like some people have fallen for the "customer service & product satisfaction" guff that you hear Stoke or other Premier League fans spouting.

It's football, and it comes with no guarantees sorry to say.

As for "I'm not paying to watch this".....we're playing the same stuff that got us up last year.

But you'll watch it if it's a promotion season?

This season ticket holder had to go work do not open mouth when you don't know what you are talking about.

Seems like it from here.

Just watched the highlights on youtube, the ref was 2 yards away when Lines flew in to their player how he sent Robertson off beggars belief! :D

We should appeal, as it looked like a slip from Lines anyways, looks much worse than it actually was.

Oh and if it is switched to Lines and upheld, he will have a 4 game ban meaning he will only be back for the last 2 of the season :(

Define continuos improvement. Look at the last 3 seasons & where we have finished in the league. Is that not continuous improvement?

My thoughts exactly. Look at Adams' time at Vale as a whole and you'll notice an upwards trend in finishing positions including this season...

Well it sure ain't a case of fair-weather fans, because it was more than fair weather and we still couldn't hit 4k.

I don't doubt you had good reason, and don't take "tarts" too seriously.

It just frustrates me that we can shift huge numbers for away games but can't convert that into valuable home support.

There are several types of people who turn up for games at Vale Park, Norman is well aware that many STs live out of the area and do not have the time to travel to an evening game for various reasons, thus I found your post very insulting. These people are supporting the club, it could well be more economic to pay on the day, but that is thier choice. If others like a day out with the Vale, again that is thier choice, and will also be augmented by people living out of the area. It is up to the club to drum up local support, encourage people to bring mates etc, multi tickets etc.

Fair enough, I appreciate that forums aren't the place for opinions.

But yours is just a silly assumption that people dont have other things to do. People work weekdays and have other commitments, so dont slag them off for not turning up to a game, even when there ticket is already paid for.

There's not much you can tell me about trends and crowds at the Vale, I've been going for 40 years.

I just think it's a shame that people are so apathetic when we are in our highest league position in a decade.

People found a way of getting there last season for night games when we were going up!

There's not much you can tell me about trends and crowds at the Vale, I've been going for 40 years.

I just think it's a shame that people are so apathetic when we are in our highest league position in a decade.

People found a way of getting there last season for night games when we were going up!

But not necessarily the out of area STs, unless at the cost of time off work etc. Possible promotion deciders will always attract most of our fans, who are also likely to bring mates etc. The Crawley game was not in 5hat category.

Archived