onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

1st April 2014, Port Vale 2 Crawley Town 1 Pre-match, Match, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Statistics eh, don't ya just love em!

Our current form is promotion form!

One win and draw from the last two games = 4 points, i.e 2 points a game....46 games means 92 points! Going up?

Sorry, but 10th in the league is all that matters. ;)

Yes. Completely agree. It's what we do over the season not what we did over the last 15 games etc.

As for form, we are mid table over the last 8 games, with a pattern of a win followed by a loss followed by a draw. The three defeats we had were all against teams currently in good form. If stats provide some sort of indicator, then we won't win on Saturday.

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england3

Every team goes through a dodgy spell. It seems Vale's dodgy spell usually arrives in February and March.

I'd be more worried if I was a Crewe fan. In the relegation zone and only 6 points from the last 8 games.

Last night made me decide Tomlin needs to go he's had one good month with us, apart from that not good enough, Lines and Loft were poor, Duffy is definitely a centre back his crossing isn't good enough for a full back, David was poor needs to be a food higher and a stone bigger

But knott was brilliant again got to try our best to sign him up

Pope with his usual hard work, Johnson looked decent

New right back centre back centre mid and striker and we'll have a decent team

If Peterborough lose tomorrow night, our season is still very much alive.

Reading on here most weeks we are the worst team in the land.

Facts are, the league table never lies and we have been roughly in that top 10 all season which is a magnificent achievement in itself.

How many games have you actually seen. A lot of the football is dire as evidenced by the attendance , fans are fed up with it, particularly a lot of the longer standing ones (who have the most cash to spend on tickets). We are going into Pulis syndrome. The league position is wonderful but that wont keep us solvent, attendances will. The situation we are in now is that some want Adams to stay and some want him to go and that will be costly.

If Peterborough lose tomorrow night, our season is still very much alive.

Reading on here most weeks we are the worst team in the land.

Facts are, the league table never lies and we have been roughly in that top 10 all season which is a magnificent achievement in itself.

"Our season is very much alive" :laugh: For large periods of the game we were out played and were hanging on by our fingernails a wonder strike from an on loan player and a lucky dip from Loft (I had forgotten he was playing)

Did you honestly think that they played like play off contenders, seriously play off contenders ?

The main topic of conversation around me last night was "Dont think I'm having a season ticket to watch this dross"

So last night approximately 500 ST holders didn't show up.

What a bunch of tarts. It was a beautiful evening to watch a game and in the end an entertaining match.

We came from behind to win, we saw Billy Knott's cracker, two sendings off & controversy.

It looks like some people have fallen for the "customer service & product satisfaction" guff that you hear Stoke or other Premier League fans spouting.

It's football, and it comes with no guarantees sorry to say.

As for "I'm not paying to watch this".....we're playing the same stuff that got us up last year.

But you'll watch it if it's a promotion season?

Seems like it from here.

Last night made me decide Tomlin needs to go he's had one good month with us, apart from that not good enough, Lines and Loft were poor, Duffy is definitely a centre back his crossing isn't good enough for a full back, David was poor needs to be a food higher and a stone bigger

But knott was brilliant again got to try our best to sign him up

Pope with his usual hard work, Johnson looked decent

New right back centre back centre mid and striker and we'll have a decent team

On last night's performance I thought Tomlin was no worse than Pope or JMW but yeah overall I agree that he along with Williamson are not good enough for this league. We have too many players that show glimpses of excellence when they come on as subs but when they get given a starting place for whatever reason they don't turn up.

On last night's performance I thought Tomlin was no worse than Pope or JMW but yeah overall I agree that he along with Williamson are not good enough for this league. We have too many players that show glimpses of excellence when they come on as subs but when they get given a starting place for whatever reason they don't turn up.

But as a team they are good enough. As evidenced by their league position!

I agree with smithie here. What do people want or expect? This is a League One football club.

People say they won't buy season tickets or pay the walk up price next season, while at the same time moaning about the quality of the team or individual players. How is it possible for the team to improve when there is not enough money to fund it? Does everyone just expect Smurf to keep dipping his hands into his pocket?

That wasn't a league game though.

True but you said at a game in your original post.

Back to the game I've watched the incident again and don't think there was a red anywhere. Lines challenge was high as he tried to pinch the ball but made a hash of it. Caution for me. The only person in the melee that possibly got lucky was Pope who had his hands round the number 4's neck restraining more than acting aggressively. That being said I thought their player was also unfortunate to be sent off.

But as a team they are good enough. As evidenced by their league position!

I agree with smithie here. What do people want or expect? This is a League One football club.

People say they won't buy season tickets or pay the walk up price next season, while at the same time moaning about the quality of the team or individual players. How is it possible for the team to improve when there is not enough money to fund it? Does everyone just expect Smurf to keep dipping his hands into his pocket?

It's a fine balance for me, a case of chicken and egg.

Said it before and I will say it again the club need to look at a number of initiatives, a bring a mate to increase the gate that benefits all 3 parties, a 6-10 game ST and ancillary benefits to make the full ST's a no brainer.

The lack of a campaign regarding ST's even if it only involved Micky and / or Pope is really odd.

So last night approximately 500 ST holders didn't show up.

What a bunch of tarts. It was a beautiful evening to watch a game and in the end an entertaining match.

We came from behind to win, we saw Billy Knott's cracker, two sendings off & controversy.

It looks like some people have fallen for the "customer service & product satisfaction" guff that you hear Stoke or other Premier League fans spouting.

It's football, and it comes with no guarantees sorry to say.

As for "I'm not paying to watch this".....we're playing the same stuff that got us up last year.

But you'll watch it if it's a promotion season?

Seems like it from here.

Thanks for the insult.

I couldn't go last night because I moved house and jobs mid season, and can only make the occasional game nowadays. I'm sure others have there reasons too, but its better to just call us all fair weather fans and move on isn't it?

Well it sure ain't a case of fair-weather fans, because it was more than fair weather and we still couldn't hit 4k.

I don't doubt you had good reason, and don't take "tarts" too seriously.

It just frustrates me that we can shift huge numbers for away games but can't convert that into valuable home support.

Archived