onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams

PortVale4Life

Excellent post

I personally think we're in a really awkward position.

If you asked me if i'd rather Adams stay or go... I probably wouldn't be fussed either way, but then, without sounding too hypocritical, its probably better if he stays simply for continuity and consistency reasons, unless he's going to be replaced by a 'top' manager, which I doubt.

I think Micky is playing a dangerous game, I personally don't think he care's wether he manages here or anywhere else. Loyalty is not really how I would describe him.

However, as people have suggested, his record over the last 18 months has been great. But again, in my honest opinion, fully appreciating that we were in Administration starting last season, he did get us promoted. But I would have expected nothing less, as we should have been promoted from that extremely poor league before he jumped ship first time round.

If we look at it from another angle, Since arriving, Adams has obtained one promotion, left mid season, and provided us with 'solid' but on a whole, un-inspiring mediocre performances.

Taking into consideration his rather lucrative salary, it is possible that we could get a better value manager for less money.

I often have issues with what i consider, Adams lack of professionalism in the media, he shows little respect to his employer when bashing on about his contract, or lack there of (allegedly). The bottom line is, if he wants to be here next season, i'm pretty certain he would be. But im not so sure that he does want to be.

Again, not to sound like a complete hypocrite, but maybe now is the time to part ways.

If we're honest, this club needs a manager who is going to develop new players from the youth system and development squad. Something that Adams clearly isn't interested in, or possibly he simply doesn't know how to do so.

We have a good crop of young players year on year, many of which are released, which is normal, but the ones that are given contracts don't get ample opportunities in my opinion. This might change with the development squad.

But he's certainly showed a number of younger prospects the door.

The club needs a manager... like Gradi, and Steve Davies (not suggesting either) but a manager who is Port Vale through and through, with the philosophy of the club at heart. We need to be developing and selling players, because its the only way we're gong to survive and push forward.

Alot of Vale fans say to me, that Adams is the best manager we've ever had. I'll tell you now, thats a crock of excrement. Rudge was probably or best manager, firstly being Loyal, and also having the uncanny ability to spot a lump of Coal, and develop that into a diamond, who would be good for us for a year or two, then be sold on for a profit.

A good manager should also help the current players develop whilst they're at the club. Im not so sureAdams knows how to do this.

For example, Ben Williamson, is a fairly decent player, but still after 3 season here, very rough round the edges. It appears nobody has spent the time to nurture and help him improve. [This could be a coaching issue on a whole at the club]

Ultimately, with Adams at the helm we're always going to be fairly solid but somewhat predictable on the pitch.

If theres a younger manager, who wants to spend the time and effort to build a legacy, and take us forward, I might lean in favour if that.

I do sometimes find Adams team selections strange, his tactics strange, but thats football. People make bad decisions, but the Attitude, Ego, and Cockiness doesn't need to be so evident.

Ultimately, we the fans, have to sit and watch the team. We win some, we lose some, but what people don't like, is watching boring, uninspiring football. We at least expect to be entertained, regardless of the results Even last year, in our 'promotion' season, we were for large parts crap and predictable, in the end just about dragging our **** across the finish line.

I feel sometimes that the teams attitude, and mental/Psychological condition is poor, not being up for a local derby on Saturday was ridiculous. This mind set should be dealt with by the management staff. We're consistently slow starters. Who's firing us up before entering the field? To move to the next level this would certainly have to change.

Would this change under Adams... in my opinion, probably not.

Would Page be able to do this... probably not.

Maybe the Rudge era has spoilt my view on things and I expect too much? Possibly.

Either way, I'd like to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon, knowing that the club is trying to move forward. I want to see bigger crowds, watching decent football, attracting new young fans for the future.

Ah well, up the Vale.

Advert

I personally think we're in a really awkward position.

If you asked me if i'd rather Adams stay or go... I probably wouldn't be fussed either way, but then, without sounding too hypocritical, its probably better if he stays simply for continuity and consistency reasons, unless he's going to be replaced by a 'top' manager, which I doubt.

I think Micky is playing a dangerous game, I personally don't think he care's wether he manages here or anywhere else. Loyalty is not really how I would describe him.

However, as people have suggested, his record over the last 18 months has been great. But again, in my honest opinion, fully appreciating that we were in Administration starting last season, he did get us promoted. But I would have expected nothing less, as we should have been promoted from that extremely poor league before he jumped ship first time round.

If we look at it from another angle, Since arriving, Adams has obtained one promotion, left mid season, and provided us with 'solid' but on a whole, un-inspiring mediocre performances.

Taking into consideration his rather lucrative salary, it is possible that we could get a better value manager for less money.

I often have issues with what i consider, Adams lack of professionalism in the media, he shows little respect to his employer when bashing on about his contract, or lack there of (allegedly). The bottom line is, if he wants to be here next season, i'm pretty certain he would be. But im not so sure that he does want to be.

Again, not to sound like a complete hypocrite, but maybe now is the time to part ways.

If we're honest, this club needs a manager who is going to develop new players from the youth system and development squad. Something that Adams clearly isn't interested in, or possibly he simply doesn't know how to do so.

We have a good crop of young players year on year, many of which are released, which is normal, but the ones that are given contracts don't get ample opportunities in my opinion. This might change with the development squad.

But he's certainly showed a number of younger prospects the door.

The club needs a manager... like Gradi, and Steve Davies (not suggesting either) but a manager who is Port Vale through and through, with the philosophy of the club at heart. We need to be developing and selling players, because its the only way we're gong to survive and push forward.

Alot of Vale fans say to me, that Adams is the best manager we've ever had. I'll tell you now, thats a crock of excrement. Rudge was probably or best manager, firstly being Loyal, and also having the uncanny ability to spot a lump of Coal, and develop that into a diamond, who would be good for us for a year or two, then be sold on for a profit.

A good manager should also help the current players develop whilst they're at the club. Im not so sureAdams knows how to do this.

For example, Ben Williamson, is a fairly decent player, but still after 3 season here, very rough round the edges. It appears nobody has spent the time to nurture and help him improve. [This could be a coaching issue on a whole at the club]

Ultimately, with Adams at the helm we're always going to be fairly solid but somewhat predictable on the pitch.

If theres a younger manager, who wants to spend the time and effort to build a legacy, and take us forward, I might lean in favour if that.

I do sometimes find Adams team selections strange, his tactics strange, but thats football. People make bad decisions, but the Attitude, Ego, and Cockiness doesn't need to be so evident.

Ultimately, we the fans, have to sit and watch the team. We win some, we lose some, but what people don't like, is watching boring, uninspiring football. We at least expect to be entertained, regardless of the results Even last year, in our 'promotion' season, we were for large parts crap and predictable, in the end just about dragging our **** across the finish line.

I feel sometimes that the teams attitude, and mental/Psychological condition is poor, not being up for a local derby on Saturday was ridiculous. This mind set should be dealt with by the management staff. We're consistently slow starters. Who's firing us up before entering the field? To move to the next level this would certainly have to change.

Would this change under Adams... in my opinion, probably not.

Would Page be able to do this... probably not.

Maybe the Rudge era has spoilt my view on things and I expect too much? Possibly.

Either way, I'd like to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon, knowing that the club is trying to move forward. I want to see bigger crowds, watching decent football, attracting new young fans for the future.

Ah well, up the Vale.

Thank you for summing up my thoughts well said..............

I think we are pinning too much hope on Page if Adams goes. Quite often a manager takes his backroom team with him. Also a new manager from outside might not want to work with Page, Sinnott found out the hard way that sometimes accepting an existing assistant manager can be fraught with difficulties. Rob is bound to be considering his future with the current uncertainty around the managers position. Grewey might end up in charge, do we want that?

Wouldn't want to risk Page personally. Notts County went with recruiting within by appointing Kris Kiwomya, an excellent youth coach by all accounts but a complete disaster when it came down to management. They god rid of him & brought in Shaun Derry, he's had a couple of good wins yea, but they haven't progressed & are now sitting 2nd from bottom, 4 pts off safety, again a manager without experience.

Shrewsbury have just gone down the same route in appointing Micheal Jackson, he got his 1st win in 5 or 6? against, ironically Notts County.

I just don't see what people have seen in Page that would warrant us going down that route too? Ultimately it's not down to us lot anyway, it's down to Adams & Smurf to sort all that out, but i'm still quite content with Adams being manager for the time being. He's got us up & we have progressed this season, which was all i asked for at the beginning of the season.

Wouldn't want to risk Page personally. Notts County went with recruiting within by appointing Kris Kiwomya, an excellent youth coach by all accounts but a complete disaster when it came down to management. They god rid of him & brought in Shaun Derry, he's had a couple of good wins yea, but they haven't progressed & are now sitting 2nd from bottom, 4 pts off safety, again a manager without experience.

Shrewsbury have just gone down the same route in appointing Micheal Jackson, he got his 1st win in 5 or 6? against, ironically Notts County.

I just don't see what people have seen in Page that would warrant us going down that route too? Ultimately it's not down to us lot anyway, it's down to Adams & Smurf to sort all that out, but i'm still quite content with Adams being manager for the time being. He's got us up & we have progressed this season, which was all i asked for at the beginning of the season.

:clap::clap: Ditto from me.

Well said!

We all need stability at the club now for a few years ,after all that's gone on in the past.Will we get our wish?I am not too sure !

Haha, that's always been my thought whenever there's a suggestion of Adams leaving for another club!

Sadly he didn't take him last time. Think somehow Grew has a job for life, maybe he has shares in the mineshafts under the ground!

Reading this thread makes me think of the old adage 'You never know what you had until it's gone' which is strange as we only have to look back at the debacle when Adams last left.

In the last 50 years he for me is easily the second best manager the club has had after the legend that was Rudgey, he worked a miracle to get us promoted, players love playing for him, he plays and demands winning football which love it or hate it is what most fans demand nowadays in an age of win at all costs, he's successful at a higher level and most importantly he himself is totally focused on being the best he can be.

Adams in! :D

I think we are pinning too much hope on Page if Adams goes. Quite often a manager takes his backroom team with him. Also a new manager from outside might not want to work with Page, Sinnott found out the hard way that sometimes accepting an existing assistant manager can be fraught with difficulties. Rob is bound to be considering his future with the current uncertainty around the managers position. Grewey might end up in charge, do we want that?

Page isn't going to be content with being Adams' number 2 again. He wants the top job and unless he has the same relationship with Smurthwaite he'll be applying for the job if Adams goes....or probably just offered it. Having learnt his trade under Adams I wouldn't expect much to change mind, he'd just be cheaper.

I guess he deserves a chance if the time comes but it's a risk. It's going to be a fight to stay in this division full stop. I just don't see any plans to build on this season.

Adams' piece in the Senile is either a self-penned obituary or a "Seeking Position" ad.

I guess that we will never the know the truth about what's happened in the last 12 months but I don't think there's any chance that he will be with us next season unless Smurf bails out before end of May.

Adams needs to be in or out by the end of this month....preferably in.

Totally agree. How can the club sign up new or existing players for next year without knowing who'll be in charge. This definitively needs sorting before March is out. Norman you need to make a decision one way or t'other.

Totally agree. How can the club sign up new or existing players for next year without knowing who'll be in charge. This definitively needs sorting before March is out. Norman you need to make a decision one way or t'other.

Talking of NS. Where is he? He's gone very quiet after his "I'll **** up the season" speech at the SC meeting.

Adams seems to be talking for both of them.

Archived