onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams

PortVale4Life

Advert

Just what do fans expect from the manager of PVFC, surely MA's achievements over the last 18 months speak for themselves.

The game is full of the bright young hopefuls, Owen Cole, Aidy Boothroyd and Phil Brown, who did very well at one club but can't replicate it elsewhere. Makes no sense to me at the moment to let MA walk and take a huge risk on a new manager.

Ray, how many Crewe fans would swop our place in the league for theirs?

Yet you are suggesting their Assistant Manager would do a better job than Adams. If he and his boss are so great how come they are where they are and have such a massive negative goal difference.

Ray, whatever it is with Adams is personal to you but i would suggest that most Vale fans don't agree with you.

Its only two home games ago that the Paddock were singing 'sign him up' to Norman yet according to you all of a sudden he is a poor Manager.

Yet you are suggesting their Assistant Manager would do a better job than Adams. If he and his boss are so great how come they are where they are and have such a massive negative goal difference.

Ray, whatever it is with Adams is personal to you but i would suggest that most Vale fans don't agree with you.

Its only two home games ago that the Paddock were singing 'sign him up' to Norman yet according to you all of a sudden he is a poor Manager.

After Saturday -none. I have been consistent at least.

Maybe he would turn into our very own Sean Dyche(a rookie given a go),who seems to of done well for himself

I would prefer him to gain management experience at another club before risking our hard won league 1 status learning how to be a manager. Although I would prefer hinm to remain in his current role for as long as he wants to.

Good post Dave, surely by the hysterical reaction over the last few games if we win the next 2 or 3 then Adams should be in line for a knighthood? ;)

I personally think we're in a really awkward position.

If you asked me if i'd rather Adams stay or go... I probably wouldn't be fussed either way, but then, without sounding too hypocritical, its probably better if he stays simply for continuity and consistency reasons, unless he's going to be replaced by a 'top' manager, which I doubt.

I think Micky is playing a dangerous game, I personally don't think he care's wether he manages here or anywhere else. Loyalty is not really how I would describe him.

However, as people have suggested, his record over the last 18 months has been great. But again, in my honest opinion, fully appreciating that we were in Administration starting last season, he did get us promoted. But I would have expected nothing less, as we should have been promoted from that extremely poor league before he jumped ship first time round.

If we look at it from another angle, Since arriving, Adams has obtained one promotion, left mid season, and provided us with 'solid' but on a whole, un-inspiring mediocre performances.

Taking into consideration his rather lucrative salary, it is possible that we could get a better value manager for less money.

I often have issues with what i consider, Adams lack of professionalism in the media, he shows little respect to his employer when bashing on about his contract, or lack there of (allegedly). The bottom line is, if he wants to be here next season, i'm pretty certain he would be. But im not so sure that he does want to be.

Again, not to sound like a complete hypocrite, but maybe now is the time to part ways.

If we're honest, this club needs a manager who is going to develop new players from the youth system and development squad. Something that Adams clearly isn't interested in, or possibly he simply doesn't know how to do so.

We have a good crop of young players year on year, many of which are released, which is normal, but the ones that are given contracts don't get ample opportunities in my opinion. This might change with the development squad.

But he's certainly showed a number of younger prospects the door.

The club needs a manager... like Gradi, and Steve Davies (not suggesting either) but a manager who is Port Vale through and through, with the philosophy of the club at heart. We need to be developing and selling players, because its the only way we're gong to survive and push forward.

Alot of Vale fans say to me, that Adams is the best manager we've ever had. I'll tell you now, thats a crock of excrement. Rudge was probably or best manager, firstly being Loyal, and also having the uncanny ability to spot a lump of Coal, and develop that into a diamond, who would be good for us for a year or two, then be sold on for a profit.

A good manager should also help the current players develop whilst they're at the club. Im not so sureAdams knows how to do this.

For example, Ben Williamson, is a fairly decent player, but still after 3 season here, very rough round the edges. It appears nobody has spent the time to nurture and help him improve. [This could be a coaching issue on a whole at the club]

Ultimately, with Adams at the helm we're always going to be fairly solid but somewhat predictable on the pitch.

If theres a younger manager, who wants to spend the time and effort to build a legacy, and take us forward, I might lean in favour if that.

I do sometimes find Adams team selections strange, his tactics strange, but thats football. People make bad decisions, but the Attitude, Ego, and Cockiness doesn't need to be so evident.

Ultimately, we the fans, have to sit and watch the team. We win some, we lose some, but what people don't like, is watching boring, uninspiring football. We at least expect to be entertained, regardless of the results Even last year, in our 'promotion' season, we were for large parts crap and predictable, in the end just about dragging our **** across the finish line.

I feel sometimes that the teams attitude, and mental/Psychological condition is poor, not being up for a local derby on Saturday was ridiculous. This mind set should be dealt with by the management staff. We're consistently slow starters. Who's firing us up before entering the field? To move to the next level this would certainly have to change.

Would this change under Adams... in my opinion, probably not.

Would Page be able to do this... probably not.

Maybe the Rudge era has spoilt my view on things and I expect too much? Possibly.

Either way, I'd like to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon, knowing that the club is trying to move forward. I want to see bigger crowds, watching decent football, attracting new young fans for the future.

Ah well, up the Vale.

I personally think we're in a really awkward position.

If you asked me if i'd rather Adams stay or go... I probably wouldn't be fussed either way, but then, without sounding too hypocritical, its probably better if he stays simply for continuity and consistency reasons, unless he's going to be replaced by a 'top' manager, which I doubt.

I think Micky is playing a dangerous game, I personally don't think he care's wether he manages here or anywhere else. Loyalty is not really how I would describe him.

However, as people have suggested, his record over the last 18 months has been great. But again, in my honest opinion, fully appreciating that we were in Administration starting last season, he did get us promoted. But I would have expected nothing less, as we should have been promoted from that extremely poor league before he jumped ship first time round.

If we look at it from another angle, Since arriving, Adams has obtained one promotion, left mid season, and provided us with 'solid' but on a whole, un-inspiring mediocre performances.

Taking into consideration his rather lucrative salary, it is possible that we could get a better value manager for less money.

I often have issues with what i consider, Adams lack of professionalism in the media, he shows little respect to his employer when bashing on about his contract, or lack there of (allegedly). The bottom line is, if he wants to be here next season, i'm pretty certain he would be. But im not so sure that he does want to be.

Again, not to sound like a complete hypocrite, but maybe now is the time to part ways.

If we're honest, this club needs a manager who is going to develop new players from the youth system and development squad. Something that Adams clearly isn't interested in, or possibly he simply doesn't know how to do so.

We have a good crop of young players year on year, many of which are released, which is normal, but the ones that are given contracts don't get ample opportunities in my opinion. This might change with the development squad.

But he's certainly showed a number of younger prospects the door.

The club needs a manager... like Gradi, and Steve Davies (not suggesting either) but a manager who is Port Vale through and through, with the philosophy of the club at heart. We need to be developing and selling players, because its the only way we're gong to survive and push forward.

Alot of Vale fans say to me, that Adams is the best manager we've ever had. I'll tell you now, thats a crock of excrement. Rudge was probably or best manager, firstly being Loyal, and also having the uncanny ability to spot a lump of Coal, and develop that into a diamond, who would be good for us for a year or two, then be sold on for a profit.

A good manager should also help the current players develop whilst they're at the club. Im not so sureAdams knows how to do this.

For example, Ben Williamson, is a fairly decent player, but still after 3 season here, very rough round the edges. It appears nobody has spent the time to nurture and help him improve. [This could be a coaching issue on a whole at the club]

Ultimately, with Adams at the helm we're always going to be fairly solid but somewhat predictable on the pitch.

If theres a younger manager, who wants to spend the time and effort to build a legacy, and take us forward, I might lean in favour if that.

I do sometimes find Adams team selections strange, his tactics strange, but thats football. People make bad decisions, but the Attitude, Ego, and Cockiness doesn't need to be so evident.

Ultimately, we the fans, have to sit and watch the team. We win some, we lose some, but what people don't like, is watching boring, uninspiring football. We at least expect to be entertained, regardless of the results Even last year, in our 'promotion' season, we were for large parts crap and predictable, in the end just about dragging our **** across the finish line.

I feel sometimes that the teams attitude, and mental/Psychological condition is poor, not being up for a local derby on Saturday was ridiculous. This mind set should be dealt with by the management staff. We're consistently slow starters. Who's firing us up before entering the field? To move to the next level this would certainly have to change.

Would this change under Adams... in my opinion, probably not.

Would Page be able to do this... probably not.

Maybe the Rudge era has spoilt my view on things and I expect too much? Possibly.

Either way, I'd like to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon, knowing that the club is trying to move forward. I want to see bigger crowds, watching decent football, attracting new young fans for the future.

Ah well, up the Vale.

Exactly how I feel. Well said.

We play 'winning' football under Micky, and that has served us well. We've made some good signings of experienced players (Dickinson, Purse, Hughes etc.) without really signing anyone young to get excited about.

If he stays, then good. We won't go down and we will probably finish around mid-table. We won't see many young players but we'll win some games.

If he goes, then the manager you describe is the one we need to look for. They need to be willing to try young players and play good football and look to help Port Vale progress as a club.

Micky has done a superb job in getting Port Vale out of the mess we have been in, working with tight budgets under a bunch of crooks running the club. He used 'traditional', hard-working, direct methods. We all know what happened when we tried a 'progressive' coach when we were in the **** (Gannon) and it didn't work, because we needed to get out of the basement division, as fast as possible.

However, Vale is in a far better position now. Yes, the owner doesn't seem to have a clue with what he's doing, but overall, the club is in a better position than it was under Bratt. That's why, in my opinion, it is time to take a risk and see if we can continue moving forward.

Archived