onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams

PortVale4Life

Advert

If Micky left, the one out of work manager that I'd like to see us go for is O'Driscoll.

However, if Smurthwaite wants to set us a relegation budget next season he might be better off sticking with Adams.

Good shout with O'Kelly as his side kick.

Thats where you are wrong make sweeping general statements! I want to know what Ray knows thankyou... I wish all were as committed to the club as Ray was, and we would'nt have gone far wrong!

It does seem that having an opinion these days makes you labelled as "trouble".

Ray, some of us really appreciated your efforts.....

PM him and ask him then. His liking of his ego being massaged is probably one of the reasons why MA dunner want him around the place.

Now I know you are from the funny farm. Thanks for enlightening me. I know. You don't.

Ray, I don't profess to know a fraction as much about the inner workings of football as you do but I think I do know a little bit about Vale fans and if you think they would accept Neil Baker as manager then I have to say, I know, you don't.

Ray, I don't profess to know a fraction as much about the inner workings of football as you do but I think I do know a little bit about Vale fans and if you think they would accept Neil Baker as manager then I have to say, I know, you don't.

I do know that Jean. I might be shortsighted but I am not blind.

Thats where you are wrong make sweeping general statements! I want to know what Ray knows thankyou... I wish all were as committed to the club as Ray was, and we would'nt have gone far wrong!

Sorry that's a rediculous thing to say. We as fans are far more committed than any player, employee or commentator I have come across. Me, like many others besides pay £1,000's to support he club and many never take a penny out.

Ray did good for the club but Micky's success far outweighs it.

Micky Adams is a good manager going through a difficult period. His team selection on Saturday did not work, but he was trying to address an issue of us conceding too many goals. We should remember the games away from home where we have found ourselves losing 3-0 before late fight backs and the game we lost 3-2 at home having been 2-0 up. He was brave enough to make changes and it was essential Davies was taken off because the centre half cannot be left in the last chance saloon with 60 minutes to go. To be fair his substitutions brought about chances to score before halftime and I thought we would improve second half, but it didn't work out that way.

The problems in my view are quite deep. We have a reasonably talented squad equipped to compete in League 1 with some players who could play higher. But as a team the mistakes being made and the lack of disciplined team work are like we saw at League 2 level. In defence we looked vulnerable from the first minute, but in attack the ball was given away carelessly and with people trying flicks in silly situations. There is a significant professionalism problem as well as finding the right balanced team from players who really want to play and roll sleeves up. So Micky Adams needs to be backed.

Didnt Norman say in January that he needed an answer off Micky early March of what his intentions were for his future at VP as

he would need to start looking for another manager if MA wasnt going to stay?

And then the next question is there anything on the table for MA to make a decision about.

Didnt Norman say in January that he needed an answer off Micky early March of what his intentions were for his future at VP as

he would need to start looking for another manager if MA wasnt going to stay?

And then the next question is there anything on the table for MA to make a decision about.

I can't see NS looking too hard. Next seat along from Adams should do it.

What can Page do though, either try to keep the Micky Adams way, which won't work for him because everyone knows he is not Adams, or develop his own style? We don't want a rookie manager trying to keep us in a league we haven't been in for a while.

Maybe he would turn into our very own Sean Dyche(a rookie given a go),who seems to of done well for himself

Archived