onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rooney's new deal + £300k p/w.

B&W Blood

As for Rooney himself, I really don't think he's reached the potential he once promised. Don't get me wrong, when completely for he's still a great player and one of the few genuine 'world-class' players we have, but I can't see him getting any better now under David Moyes and I think he badly needed a new challenge somewhere else to get the best out of him.

Advert

Not so sure about Pope but would quite happily see Doug Loft in ahead of Cleverley and Adam Yates in instead of Chris Smalling

To be fair I would take Tunstall Town's right back over Smalling based on his performance last night!

And thank god that Rio is no longer involved, he's slower than McDonald and McCombe combined!!

300k a week what a joke ,nobody deserves to earn anything especially in something u should do because you love it more than a grand a week max.

Modern day footballers r a greedy bunch when the folk who generally go watch them earn a pittance .

I do 160 hrs a month my top line is 1800 after stoppages take home 1350 which works 312.50 a week I despair I really do .

Then get yourself trained up to do something else that will pay more..Rooney slogged himself from a very young age to get where he is and to be in such demand and will have had to make many sacrifices and be very dedicated.

Fair play to him for coming from such humble roots to get where he is..we should admire him not condemn him

It is indeed obscene but that kind of money is in the game now. Manure see Rooney as a vital asset. If he left, not only would their team be weakened at a time when they simply can't afford that, there would be uproar amongst the fans to add to the discontent amongst them surrounding the manager.

Top clubs pay top money to keep their best players. Robin Van Persie won the Premier League for them last year. Man Utd were prepared to pay him silly money and Arsenal were not. Thats the difference.

Why should there be a wage cap? Obviously that kind of money is incomprehensible to most of us but he just happens to be at the top of a profession that pays that sort of wedge.

How many who are saying it's ridiculous and that it shouldn't happen would turn it down due to their own standards?

I'd certainly jump at the opprtunity.

• 1 month later...

Rooney seems to have gone downbank since he signed his new contract and he's one of the players who has helped to get Moyes the sack.His body language last week against his old club Everton told it's own tale but he wasn't the only one who seemed to be on cruise control.

Archived