onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Back the Smurf!

Mattholl

Of course there's a worrying time ahead, just as there's a worrying time behind us. Smurf has shown by his actions that he wants what is best for the club. I trust what he has achieved so far and believe in what he will achieve in future, particularly in his management of Adams. If we knew the outcome already, there would be no point in following.

Advert

Of course there's a worrying time ahead, just as there's a worrying time behind us. Smurf has shown by his actions that he wants what is best for the club. I trust what he has achieved so far and believe in what he will achieve in future, particularly in his management of Adams. If we knew the outcome already, there would be no point in following.

Your confidence is commendable. Let's hope it is not misplaced.

I for one am over the moon and back again on this seasons progress so far, over and above what I expected, which has now been strengthened by what looks to be 2 quality short term additions with a possible 3rd in the pipe line maybe. If that isn't pushing on I don't know what is. And yes I would love to see MA offered a new contract if that is what MA wants, or maybe he doesn't his prerogative. But whilst he is here all I can do is to get behind the club & the team 100% and cheer them on to more success.

ps thanks for the 2 additions Smurf.

said it before saying it again.. MA is essential to progress at vale, given all the circumstances he has had to work with he deserves a boslem knighthood, however lets c him come out and say he wants to stay! convinced he wud get us a league up given support from smurf. good signings on paper so lets stay positive. well overdue

said it before saying it again.. MA is essential to progress at vale, given all the circumstances he has had to work with he deserves a boslem knighthood, however lets c him come out and say he wants to stay! convinced he wud get us a league up given support from smurf. good signings on paper so lets stay positive. well overdue
As you say, but don't think much will happen for a couple of months, the action on the pitch should be the focus. The rest I hope are negotiating tactics, I assume MA would be happy with a steady, well paid job, with Club promotion likely. Big challenges, carry big risks, but only my opinion.

I dont understand why people assume that people who ask questions/are concerned about off field issues dont enjoy the on field activities. I doubt very much that people watching a vale team beating an opponent are thinking about smurf at all.

Most of the "rumours" that have done the rounds have started from smurf, not people supposedly trying to damage the club but from the man himself, Im not sure in those circumstances they can be rumours at all.

If questioning [in a general sense] and opinions re solutions about what happens at the club are damaging then surely every match/pre mach thread is damaging, people offer their choice of teams and question why this or that player was included or excluded yet the people who make those posts agree in the main that adams "is the man" re football matters just as smurf is re off field matters.

If a guy in the pub told you 2+2=5 would you nod obligingly and agree with him? would you agree with him if he happened to be the owner of a football club?... similarly if he hadnt said it you wouldnt need to question it.

Unquestionably we are in a better place now that we were a short while ago but we didnt get here just because of what smurf has done, in part it was because people questioned what was happening at the time, because things didnt add up, because of conflicting reports and discrepancies in statements, if they hadnt questioned smurf may not have been able to take the business on at all. Im not suggesting the two situations [mold - smurf] are connected or comparable, just highlighting the fact that its human nature to ask questions, especially when 2+2 doesnt quite add up.

If people dont want to question thats fine, I wouldnt/dont have a problem with that at all. Personally... if it smells like cack and looks like cack I will ask why someone is trying to convince me its curry.... no matter where I live, how old I am or their personal view of my ability to support Port Vale

I dont understand why people assume that people who ask questions/are concerned about off field issues dont enjoy the on field activities. I doubt very much that people watching a vale team beating an opponent are thinking about smurf at all.

Most of the "rumours" that have done the rounds have started from smurf, not people supposedly trying to damage the club but from the man himself, Im not sure in those circumstances they can be rumours at all.

If questioning [in a general sense] and opinions re solutions about what happens at the club are damaging then surely every match/pre mach thread is damaging, people offer their choice of teams and question why this or that player was included or excluded yet the people who make those posts agree in the main that adams "is the man" re football matters just as smurf is re off field matters.

If a guy in the pub told you 2+2=5 would you nod obligingly and agree with him? would you agree with him if he happened to be the owner of a football club?... similarly if he hadnt said it you wouldnt need to question it.

Unquestionably we are in a better place now that we were a short while ago but we didnt get here just because of what smurf has done, in part it was because people questioned what was happening at the time, because things didnt add up, because of conflicting reports and discrepancies in statements, if they hadnt questioned smurf may not have been able to take the business on at all. Im not suggesting the two situations [mold - smurf] are connected or comparable, just highlighting the fact that its human nature to ask questions, especially when 2+2 doesnt quite add up.

If people dont want to question thats fine, I wouldnt/dont have a problem with that at all. Personally... if it smells like cack and looks like cack I will ask why someone is trying to convince me its curry.... no matter where I live, how old I am or their personal view of my ability to support Port Vale

Well said. :clap:

But what was the time period? Not 2 seasons though, more like 5. plenty of time yet. I don't suppose Hughes and Purse came cheap either. I am more concerned with the infrastructure and business organisation, which when improved support the development and strength of the team, and retain ambitious managers.

No time like the present.

Smurf is like the rest of us, not perfect, but he is in the public eye more than we are, so when he does drop a brick (or a plaque, or a shirt), there are a lot of people queuing up to remind him of the fact. The fact is we are better off than we have been in the last few years because of him. He has put his hand in his pocket, turned the club around and funded a playing staff that has put us where we are.

To me, the most interesting thing will be what happens next management and squad wise.

Archived