Another 2 Loanees Incoming?

OakhillDave

Are yer kidding:rolleyes:

No. Boom did a reasonable job for us but was sadly lacking towards the end of his era with Vale. We got rid at the right time and it's proven he couldn't even hold down a place elsewhere. York are desperate but Boom will play a few good games for them in Division 2 but in the main will be caught out, again and again as he was with us.

Even though we are carrying a few passengers in defence at present it's my opinion none here now are worse than Boom so I wholeheartedly believe it would be absolute madness even to have considered having boom back. Now irrelevant of course as he's getting his retirement pension from others!:)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mccombe is no where near good enogh for this league , but Robertson is no better. He is marginally quicker than McCombe but his thought processes are more like those of a guinea pig.

I agree, i think robertson is a poor player and can see why he was released by preston. Slow, clumsy and gets skinned far too easily. Stevenage games sticks in my mind when Zoko walked past him like he wasnt there.

I agree, i think robertson is a poor player and can see why he was released by preston. Slow, clumsy and gets skinned far too easily. Stevenage games sticks in my mind when Zoko walked past him like he wasnt there.

I think it's more his decision making and communication with his fellow defenders. I feels like they don't have a game plan in who marks who during a game....

Sadly, one of the Plymouth goals was pretty much the same.

This taken from a Wycombe forum about Knott.

As he has said he won't sign a new contract at Sunderland and there is NO WAY he would make that level anyway maybe he has his people looking for a longer term home.

As for his time at Wycombe I don't think he has improved. He started off really well, dipped and then has hit a level of mediocrity. If you were Sunderland and you were looking to ship loanees out to develop them then this has not been a triumph IMHO. He may have learnt certain things about football in the real world but I don't think we have aided his career as much as we have with some loanees in the past.

Not at the moment Benny boy but maybe all we can afford when NS slashes the budget next season.

Would you prefer if we overspend and end up in a mess again? You will never be happy with vale no matter who owns it, who manages or who plays. Don't understand fans like you who only seem to use the vale to vent your misplaced frustrations in life.

I agree though. Bore off

Not at the moment Benny boy but maybe all we can afford when NS slashes the budget next season.

Would you prefer if we overspend and end up in a mess again? You will never be happy with vale no matter who owns it, who manages or who plays. Don't understand fans like you who only seem to use the vale to vent your misplaced frustrations in life.

I agree though. Bore off

Seems to have a vendetta against anyone who runs the club. It's quite sad

Bore off

When you pull your head out of the sand you might be surprised to learn in fact very surprised to learn that is just what Norm intends to do, he will slash this seasons budget.

Whether you agree with the budget cut or not and I do because I want us to live within our means, it will then mean signing players of McCombes ability as Old Sage says.

When you pull your head out of the sand you might be surprised to learn in fact very surprised to learn that is just what Norm intends to do, he will slash this seasons budget.

Whether you agree with the budget cut or not and I do because I want us to live within our means, it will then mean signing players of McCombes ability as Old Sage says.

Thanks for that! Whether we have to pull in the purse strings or not Old Sage was having a dig!

If slashing the budget means we survive as a club then fine!!!

Thanks for that! Whether we have to pull in the purse strings or not Old Sage was having a dig!

If slashing the budget means we survive as a club then fine!!!

He might have been having a dig but its still true what he says....

He might have been having a dig but its still true what he says....

Is it though? We may have to find someone who fits into McCombe's wage structure, doesn't mean he'll have to have the same ability though does it? A Young hungry talented lad may join from non league, L2, or drop down from the Championship & be a revelation for all we know?

Archived