Another 2 Loanees Incoming?

OakhillDave

I wouldn't have thought signing knott and flo is going to be detrimental to our side just because they are kids....both are quality players who will only get better....but then some of our moaning fans will surely disagree!

On the moaning front ..following Smurfs comments re promotion and not being bothered about it,what is the reasoning behind these rumoured signings ? they cant play in the Cup.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the moaning front ..following Smurfs comments re promotion and not being bothered about it,what is the reasoning behind these rumoured signings ? they cant play in the Cup.

The problem I have is that his comment was moaning for the sake of it! This has been a positive thread and in my opinion those type of comments are unwarranted.

I actually don't have a problem with Normans comments! I can see how they weren't very exciting for the fans but we need to be sensible and live within our means. If you can think of a way of brining £££ into the club in the way of revenue or doubling the attendance then please I'm all ears.

Building a team, checking out players for next season, if they all come off, who knows,,,,,,,,, different and cheaper than bringing in older players like last season to clinch promotion.

When you pull your head out of the sand you might be surprised to learn in fact very surprised to learn that is just what Norm intends to do, he will slash this seasons budget.

Whether you agree with the budget cut or not and I do because I want us to live within our means, it will then mean signing players of McCombes ability as Old Sage says.

League 2 players then....

Not sure how we'll build the fan base

This taken from a Wycombe forum about Knott.

As he has said he won't sign a new contract at Sunderland and there is NO WAY he would make that level anyway maybe he has his people looking for a longer term home.

As for his time at Wycombe I don't think he has improved. He started off really well, dipped and then has hit a level of mediocrity. If you were Sunderland and you were looking to ship loanees out to develop them then this has not been a triumph IMHO. He may have learnt certain things about football in the real world but I don't think we have aided his career as much as we have with some loanees in the past.

I see that Knott was only a sub for most of his last month at Wycombe, not even getting off the bench in a couple of games. Doesn't seem to have been a roaring success at a struggling League 2 club.

I see that Knott was only a sub for most of his last month at Wycombe, not even getting off the bench in a couple of games. Doesn't seem to have been a roaring success at a struggling League 2 club.

Really ? .................As soon as Grebo said sign him up I thought there may be a downside !:laugh:Especially with Grebo's judgement :laugh:

Robertson isnt great, but Mccombe would be horrific in this division.

Agreed. I loved Boom, but he is a standard L2 player. Even he knows that. That's why when Hereford gotpromoted he came to us, when we got promoted he went elsewhere etc.

Robertson is the L1 equivalent of McCombe. We'll have to improve in the long run but for now and the next few seasons of what could be consolidation, he's good enough.

Archived