onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

rob taylor

RayWalkers40yarder

He was an absolute revelation last night--changed the whole shape of the game. He added pace, dynamism and was not only a goal provider, but also a scorer! What more do you want? Myrie J-W had a wretched game and looks totally down on confidence at the moment. Rob, on the other hand, looked full of running and was confident!

I think Myrie has been doing ok over the past month, although I agree he was dreadful last night.

Advert

The whole point of a squad, players can be brought on and change the game. If they were consistent they would be playing at a higher level. I hope Taylor can keep his improvement going after his recover from injury, but variety in the team confuses other teams as well as provoking debate.

Superb cameo last night from Rob, showed the sort of form he showed two years ago.

The lad has talent, it seems that may not be enough to be successful in football.

You need desire, consistency and a hell of a lot of luck managing or avoiding injuries.

Rob is probably as frustrated as the majority of us are watching him.

I wish him well tbh

He also showed glimpses of what we saw last night during the Crewe game from left back. One player doing well isn't a reason to slate another who has done fantastically well this month scoring a few goals himself. I'm glad we had the option of both. Different players who give us more options.

We don't have anyone else in the club who could have put the cross in for the 2nd goal with his left foot, then a sweet shot with his right for his goal.

He has always drifted in and out of games, and his lengthy time out of the team will not have helped.

Whilst I'm not sure he will be getting a new contract, he definitely has something to offer the team over the coming months.

I'm not rob Taylor's biggest fan and I don't think he should be at the club, but I will not knock the lad when he came on last night and scored one and put a couple of great crosses in and worried their right back with some good direct runs.

Great finish also with his right foot.

Myrie Williams was awful and didn't want to know last night.

Well done Taylor on last nights cameo role you've took us into the third round.

You have summed up brilliantly there Nick why the revered JMW frustrates the hell out of me. By the way folks where was Myrie last night?

Why do you have a hissy fit if someone dare criticse Lord Pope (6 in 19 in the league, not exactly brilliant) but never fail to criticse Myrie Williams?

JMW is a fantastic player, and, while he is prone to going missing, he still is our only player who can conjure something out of nothing and can properly scare a fullback.

Thought Micky was spot on with his subs last night all at the right time, inject a bit more pace from Willo and Rob Taylor when they tired in the last 15 minutes and what a subs performance from Rob Taylor...back to his best from a couple of seasons ago, hes like a new signing and the times hes played has been far more effective than Kaid Mohammed ever was.

So up yours OP you havent got a clue!!!

Give the lad a break, we know he's no world beater but hes had a long injury then been asked to come in and do a job and he has, he knows himself he has his limits but hes trying his best to earn a living in the game most of us have only dreamed about.

Fair credit for the comments especially after what you said about him Crewe pre-match.

He is a total enigma but is valuable to the squad for this season. Personally if he proves his worth over the next 6 months and Micky thinks he's worth it then maybe he will earn another year but he hasn't half got some proving to do over a sustained period as has Dodds etc.

Why do you have a hissy fit if someone dare criticse Lord Pope (6 in 19 in the league, not exactly brilliant) but never fail to criticse Myrie Williams?

JMW is a fantastic player, and, while he is prone to going missing, he still is our only player who can conjure something out of nothing and can properly scare a fullback.

He is also very capable of making nothing out of something. Last night he was down right lazy in my opinion.

JMW had a poor game last night but the last 6 or 7 games before this he's been pretty good. At the end of the day this is league one(ie 3rd tier football) we are talking about, players will be up and down.

As for Rob Taylor, changed the game last night, for all his faults he crosses a ball 95% better than other players at the club. Great cross for Pope to score, he scored 1(very nice finish) and also set Williamson up for the 4th.

I've said it before and I'll say again consider where we had Rob from Nuneaton(Conference North level at the time) he's been a decent servant to the club. He's never going to be Steve Guppy or Stanley Matthews but cut the guy a bit of slack.

There really are some first class prats on this forum which is partly why I don't post a great deal anymore when you read some of the rubbish that is posted!

Archived