onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

rob taylor

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

That was Taylor at his best last night. Ran at players, provided two goals and scored a great one himself. He turned the game on its head in the last 20 mins and I'd go as far as to say that his cameo was almost worthy of MoM ahead of Dicko.

My issue is that we don't see enough of him in that mood. If we did he would be some player as on his day he can be electric.

But JMW has done FAR FAR more in his 2 seasons with us then Taylor has done in his 6(?)

And of course played far more games. One swallow does not make a summer, but I enjoyed Taylors purple patch last night more than anything I've seen for ages. I love proper wing play ie Guppy Chamberlain etc., not "wingers" who always cut inside or those who go back and try to beat the same man 3 times. Beat your man get to the line and put it on the strikers head. Pope's reaction after scoring said it all, thats what he's been starved of. If you have that sort of striker you have to supply him, full stop.

Best cross of the season (has Myrie managed one yet? I'm still waiting) and one of the best goals too plus another assist , not a bad nights work. A lesson as to how proper wingers play, well done.
You have summed up brilliantly there Nick why the revered JMW frustrates the hell out of me. By the way folks where was Myrie last night?

And of course played far more games. One swallow does not make a summer, but I enjoyed Taylors purple patch last night more than anything I've seen for ages. I love proper wing play ie Guppy Chamberlain etc., not "wingers" who always cut inside or those who go back and try to beat the same man 3 times. Beat your man get to the line and put it on the strikers head. Pope's reaction after scoring said it all, thats what he's been starved of. If you have that sort of striker you have to supply him, full stop.
Once again Nick brilliantly put. A wingers job is to attack the full back get to the byeline and sling in decent crosses. If on the odd occasion he has the skill to cut inside then great but the purpose of a wideman is to feed the target men.

I am convinced that with the proper service Tom Pope could be the leagues top striker once again. Tom's heading ability is truly awesome.

Finally how many goals did the county's most famous winger Stan Matthews score? Not many but he created hundreds for others.

Is still ***** regardless of what anyone here says

He was an absolute revelation last night--changed the whole shape of the game. He added pace, dynamism and was not only a goal provider, but also a scorer! What more do you want? Myrie J-W had a wretched game and looks totally down on confidence at the moment. Rob, on the other hand, looked full of running and was confident!

Archived