onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

rob taylor

RayWalkers40yarder

He is also very capable of making nothing out of something. Last night he was down right lazy in my opinion.

He was poor last night and will be lucky if Taylor doesn't replace him next game for,the performance. But he has also scored some important goals against league 1 opposition this last month to put point on the board, such as at Crewe.

Advert

He was poor last night and will be lucky if Taylor doesn't replace him next game for,the performance. But he has also scored some important goals against league 1 opposition this last month to put point on the board, such as at Crewe.
No one disputes the fact that he can score a few cracking goals but give me a 25 assists rather than 4-6 scorchers. Of course a winger that can do both would be the ideal and if JMW learned to cross better and more often then he could be that man.

Why do you have a hissy fit if someone dare criticse Lord Pope (6 in 19 in the league, not exactly brilliant)

It is a good return from Pope. One in every 3 and his goal rate is picking up. All of his goals seem to be vital ones. He is crucial to us for his goals and also his all round play. He also pretty much single handedly got us promotion last season

No one disputes the fact that he can score a few cracking goals but give me a 25 assists rather than 4-6 scorchers. Of course a winger that can do both would be the ideal and if JMW learned to cross better and more often then he could be that man.

I honestly don't think JMW would be with Vale if he could do both he'd be playing in the championship!

A winger who could score and give 25 assists a season would be playing in a higher league to be fair. You seem to be using an impossible measure to judge him by. That would be like slating pope because he isn't on target to score 40 goals this season. Who would you play instead? If you say dodds then we might as well not continue.

JMW is a fantastic player, and, while he is prone to going missing, he still is our only player who can conjure something out of nothing and can properly scare a fullback.

JMW is a fantastic player, ----- Agreed

and, while he is prone to going missing, ----- Totally Agree

he still is our only player who can conjure something out of nothing ------- Not on Friday night that was a pirouette evening

can properly scare a fullback-------- Not Friday the full backs had him well sussed.

What he should do is get a copy of Fridays Video and watch the build up to Popes Goal - he will learn wing play, which is not about Turning around and around when it is far more productive to whip in a ball with pace. Some times to the near post, some time the far one, and sometimes near the penalty spot. JMW should agree the sequence that he will try to employ with the forwards before the match and then to revise the sequence at half time. Ok the forwards may not get on the end of the crosses every time but it does help if the team thought about the plan rather than JMW just doing turns somewhere near the corner flag.

he still is our only player who can conjure something out of nothing ------- Not on Friday night that was a pirouette evening

can properly scare a fullback-------- Not Friday the full backs had him well sussed.

What he should do is get a copy of Fridays Video and watch the build up to Popes Goal - he will learn wing play, which is not about Turning around and around when it is far more productive to whip in a ball with pace. Some times to the near post, some time the far one, and sometimes near the penalty spot. JMW should agree the sequence that he will try to employ with the forwards before the match and then to revise the sequence at half time. Ok the forwards may not get on the end of the crosses every time but it does help if the team thought about the plan rather than JMW just doing turns somewhere near the corner flag.

My thoughts exactly.

Put another way. if Taylor is the reason we get to the next round and get possibly 67,500 prize money, would we argue he has done his bit for the club? He has done all we have asked of him on he night, and still some arswipe comes on here to slag him off. Morons abound on this thread - and these are our players we are slating. Get a life - support the team.

Put another way. if Taylor is the reason we get to the next round and get possibly 67,500 prize money, would we argue he has done his bit for the club? He has done all we have asked of him on he night, and still some arswipe comes on here to slag him off. Morons abound on this thread - and these are our players we are slating. Get a life - support the team.

I wasn't aware that stating an honest opinion about one of our players was in any way disloyal to the club. That's why this is a discussion as well as a message board. If all we're expected to do is praise all our players, regardless of how well or badly they've played, we might as well not come on here and save it for the matches.

Why do you have a hissy fit if someone dare criticse Lord Pope
. The reason that I always defend Popey is a very simple one. Tom Pope never gives less than his all for the team. Yes sometimes he has an off day but he never fails to give 100% and never hides. Get a copy of today's Sentinel and read what Micky Adams says about him. Tom is as rare as a 'white raven' because he is loyal to the club that he supported as a lad and I respect that. While most other players would be off like shots to get a bigger pay deal Tom has stayed true to his club. The fact that he has now hit 42 goals in the last two seasons is why folk should be loyal to the man because when he goes out on to the pitch you know that he will give his all. Taking the clatterings, running back to support his defence, throwing himself in front of the ball and holding the ball up to lay off to other players. Many on this site seem not to notice these facts.

Last night he scored once and had big assists in two of the other goals. That's Popey and on top of that I find him to be a nice and well grounded bloke.

So that is why I am proud that 'Lord Pope' as you so eloquently put it plays for my team.

You have summed up brilliantly there Nick why the revered JMW frustrates the hell out of me. By the way folks where was Myrie last night?

Why do you have a hissy fit if someone dare criticse Lord Pope (6 in 19 in the league, not exactly brilliant) but never fail to criticse Myrie Williams?

JMW is a fantastic player, and, while he is prone to going missing, he still is our only player who can conjure something out of nothing and can properly scare a fullback.

Fantastic players play in the premier league fella, talk about going over the top u on this planet? He's a decent lowet league player.

JMW is not a consistent player. If he could reproduce his talent week in, week out, we would not have him.

He has a playing style that involves cutting inside. I have no problems with that. He's scored two already this year by doing this (Oldham and Shrewsbury).

My only issue is that Old Sage will slag off JMW when he has an off day and despite the fact that Pope has had more than his fair share of off days this season he will not let anyone criticism him.

Fantastic players play in the premier league fella, talk about going over the top u on this planet? He's a decent lowet league player.

Decent lower-league player? The man this thread refers to is a decent lower league player.

JMW was one of our best players in the year we got promoted. Taylor churns our a good 15 minutes AGAINST SALISBURY.

I know who I prefer.

. The reason that I always defend Popey is a very simple one. Tom Pope never gives less than his all for the team. Yes sometimes he has an off day but he never fails to give 100% and never hides. Get a copy of today's Sentinel and read what Micky Adams says about him. Tom is as rare as a 'white raven' because he is loyal to the club that he supported as a lad and I respect that. While most other players would be off like shots to get a bigger pay deal Tom has stayed true to his club. The fact that he has now hit 42 goals in the last two seasons is why folk should be loyal to the man because when he goes out on to the pitch you know that he will give his all. Taking the clatterings, running back to support his defence, throwing himself in front of the ball and holding the ball up to lay off to other players. Many on this site seem not to notice these facts.

Last night he scored once and had big assists in two of the other goals. That's Popey and on top of that I find him to be a nice and well grounded bloke.

So that is why I am proud that 'Lord Pope' as you so eloquently put it plays for my team.

I understand your love for Pope.

Why do you constantly criticise JMW? What has he done wrong?

Archived