onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rumour mongerer.............

blackdog

Advert

It should be easy enough to find out,anyone signed up on here must have an e-mail address so if it wasn't them we could find out who told them and if they wouldn't spill ban them off the forum and if the rumours cease then job done.Give some people an inch and they take a mile.

Who is causing all this unnecessary strife in the club ?who is deliberately starting rumours to undermine Smurf ?

Smurf seems to be getting a trifle fed up on twitter,and who would blame him ?

It's the likes of davo80 and truevalefan3 etc that are attempting to rock the boat.

Deluded attention seekers spring to mind.

They are gaining some sort of strange and bizarre sort of pleasure and satisfaction for blowing what is essentially a lot of "hot air".:mad:

Looking forward to hearing what tic toc t##t has to say tomorrow, when he promised it would all kick off. Personally im still tic tocking for Pratts investment in to the Vale lol Same idiotic c##p different user name. Ironic user name this time around though. True trouble causer eh. Used to infuriate me (and worry me just in case he WAS "in the know") - not this time round though. kn#b head, you are just making yourself look a complete idiot. Are you a Stokie or one of the last suppoerters of our worst ever chairman i wonder?

Given that somebody came up to me at the start of Saturday's game and asked me if I'd heard the rumour, I suspect you can't blame it all on the OVF.

But as soon as somebody else's rumour gets repeated on OVF, it does become a convenient scapegoat.

Perhaps these trouble causers should be banned Rob? What are theu contributing?

My thoughts exactly, no problem with people having different opinions than most others but out and out wum's and **** stirrers need to be banned to protect the integrity of the site.

Given that somebody came up to me at the start of Saturday's game and asked me if I'd heard the rumour, I suspect you can't blame it all on the OVF.

But as soon as somebody else's rumour gets repeated on OVF, it does become a convenient scapegoat.

It is also the place to squash the rumours, which has been done.

It should be easy enough to find out,anyone signed up on here must have an e-mail address so if it wasn't them we could find out who told them and if they wouldn't spill ban them off the forum and if the rumours cease then job done.Give some people an inch and they take a mile.

To be honest, it is not as easy as that. An email address can be anything, not necessarily a name so it won't tell you anything.

A lot of our banned users try to re-sign up with another email address for example (we have other ways of preventing them that I won't go into).

But:

1. Just knowing email addresses will probably reveal nothing

2. We have a basic duty of data protection which means we will only reveal those details to the authorities (i.e. police, lawyers) not to the public

3. Even if people were named, I bet it wouldn't stop rumours. I haven't seen a forum without rumours, yet.

4. With that in mind I would say - take rumours for what they are - rumours. Really potentially damaging rumours can be countered in the way I have done this evening by speaking to the club and getting their response.

This website is getting a shocking reputation of late for ill rumours. For the credibility of those that have enjoyed this site for years we need to weed out these idiots.
At least Smurf understands the benefits and dangers of the social media, and is willing to respond in a prompt fashion. I know it is his club to run and not ours, but a monthly/quarterly newsletter could be useful to foster a community spirit, alongside the SC and local media.

Archived