onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

busy ticket office

steve boomer

Fair comment about the cost, it is allegedly £8K a month, which is still £96K a year. It all depends on how many people are discouraged from turning up by the lack of a cash turnstile I guess.

I think it will encourage more floaters as it will be nice and easy to purchase. Those who have a smart phone and can do it in a few clicks will free up the ticket office for the decenting few who still want to pay on the day.

It's just getting it up and running and then the next step being able to scan the ticket direct from a mobile device. That will really make VP a quick and efficient place to visit.

What dis NS say on the radio about the online ticketing?

Advert

Fair comment about the cost, it is allegedly £8K a month, which is still £96K a year. It all depends on how many people are discouraged from turning up by the lack of a cash turnstile I guess.
And how many people will prefer the convenience of booking on line? Perhaps later we will have membership cards to load matches on and so avoid printing out, could have a loyalty bonus built in, I am sure we will be better off moving into the 21st Century at last.

Been back to the ticket office this morning at 9.30am and got tickets for today's game.

Queue of 20 to 30 people to buy them. Which is good that selling well, but hopefully the problems on this game are a one off for walk-in fans as the more obstacles and awkward it is to buy a ticket the fewer people will do so. It shouldn't require multiple trips to the ground or arriving 2hours early to be able to buy a match ticket for a walk-in.

The season ticket holders wont be as concerned as they've got theirs so why should they care so much? Well, season ticket holders will probably always go year after year; however, the club needs to grow its fan-base and the way to do that is sell more walk-in tickets and then try and convert these to season-ticket sales, if you lose the walk-ins you'll never then get additional season ticket sales. So arguably the walk-ins are just as important to Vale as season ticket holders. We, as a club, have already lost a generation of young fans during the Bratt years, rarely see a kid in the streets with a Vale top on but see about half the under 5s decked out in red and white stripes.. so the club needs to attract more fans. And making it an inconvenience to be able to go to a game is hardly helping.

Tickets secured and hopefully there will not be an allocated seat numbers farce for the match... sit where you like or sit in allocated seat?...

RZ in moaning about about the new owners now 'mar mate bill' has left Shocker!

I think it will encourage more floaters as it will be nice and easy to purchase. Those who have a smart phone and can do it in a few clicks will free up the ticket office for the decenting few who still want to pay on the day.

It's just getting it up and running and then the next step being able to scan the ticket direct from a mobile device. That will really make VP a quick and efficient place to visit.

What dis NS say on the radio about the online ticketing?

Should be ready next week or soon after.

Agree ericisbannanaman that walk in fans as important to Vale as season ticket holders. As a season ticket holder myself I am able to pay in advance and I am Vale through and through so will go not matter what is served up match days.

However fans need to now see that Vale are trying to enter the 21st Century and after so many barren years it will take time for staff, fans and all alike to get used to new systems.

Personally I cannot see the problem in so much that anyone can order, by phone tickets that can be picked up on match day or before anyway. Those wanting simply to turn up for odd matches and having to queue are only doing what other clubs do!

We do need every fan we can and I believe that Smurf and his staff will see through these niggles and people will get used to it and there will be very few complaints in the near future. In the meantime put up with it, it's not life threatening is it?

When all the walk up fans watch the Mighty Vale they will see it makes absolute sense to back the club by purchasing season tickets for the majority of Valiants.

Been back to the ticket office this morning at 9.30am and got tickets for today's game.

Queue of 20 to 30 people to buy them. Which is good that selling well, but hopefully the problems on this game are a one off for walk-in fans as the more obstacles and awkward it is to buy a ticket the fewer people will do so. It shouldn't require multiple trips to the ground or arriving 2hours early to be able to buy a match ticket for a walk-in.

The season ticket holders wont be as concerned as they've got theirs so why should they care so much? Well, season ticket holders will probably always go year after year; however, the club needs to grow its fan-base and the way to do that is sell more walk-in tickets and then try and convert these to season-ticket sales, if you lose the walk-ins you'll never then get additional season ticket sales. So arguably the walk-ins are just as important to Vale as season ticket holders. We, as a club, have already lost a generation of young fans during the Bratt years, rarely see a kid in the streets with a Vale top on but see about half the under 5s decked out in red and white stripes.. so the club needs to attract more fans. And making it an inconvenience to be able to go to a game is hardly helping.

Tickets secured and hopefully there will not be an allocated seat numbers farce for the match... sit where you like or sit in allocated seat?...

If you go to non-league football they issue cloakroom tickets, we cannot stand still, we have to move with the times. OK lose a few, but gain a lot. A lot more will be there than when we were last promoted from the 4th Div, at least double.

Will be good when it's in. Vale and Ticketmaster knew the start of the season was today... and it's not in.

Agree do need to get sharper and with the times.

There are "neutrals" or a "few games a year" footy fans where I work, and they've been to Vale and Stoke games over the years. From SCFC they get text messages and voicemail messages from Peter Crouch emploring them to buy a ticket and it's quite slick. Vale need to get just as slick and the swipe cards and on-line ordering is a great move forward, all for it. Just a pity it is not in for the start of the season and it's been communicated and implemented first game in a less than ideal way.

But onwards and upwards! tough game today Brentford are a good side. Uwe Rosler I'm thinking he was in the Man City team that we beat on Boxing Day many moons ago, was at that game :). So Uwe Rosler will remember PVFC and not take us lightly!

Archived