onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

busy ticket office

steve boomer

Advert

I would think it's illegal to demand someone's details in return for buying a match ticket..it's not like a hotel booking where you are effectively entering into a contract with the hotel which is only between you and the hotel.

You wouldn't get on with the Italian authorities then. They take your passport number when buying a ticket for Serie B and higher and demand photo ID that matches the name on the ticket in order to gain entry on matchday. Vales procedure is streamlined in comparison.

What is concerning me is that they'll be plenty heading down to the office buying tickets for away matches and the Walsall game tomorrow. This is only going to swell queues unnecessarily, especially considering that I for example would have got my Walsall tickets online if the facility was available.

Please tell me that the ticket office is open for an hour after the match? I don't want to be queuing with matchday purchasers for advanced tickets.

You wouldn't get on with the Italian authorities then. They take your passport number when buying a ticket for Serie B and higher and demand photo ID that matches the name on the ticket in order to gain entry on matchday. Vales procedure is streamlined in comparison.

A few years ago we went to a play-off match at the Stadio Bentegodi when we were on holiday in Verona. We had to show our passports when we bought the tickets. When we got to the stadium they asked for our id - didn't have our passports with us! Eventually, they accepted a credit card with our name on it before they would let us in!!

Bought 6 tickets over the phone this morning with collection from the club shop.

Including waiting time on the phone the process only took 11 mins. Pleased with the way it was handled, efficient and professional. Will be better when I can print off at home, but content with this interim process.

It's obviously a new database as they needed to retake all my details.

They said Lorne Street nearly sold out.

Middle two sections in the Paddock & Stand pretty full too.

Sounds good, looking forward to first match and an opportunity to see the new squad for the first time.

Just collected 3 tickets early lunch time. Extremely busy - waited 40 mins as there were people signing up for season tickets in front. Only two serving. New shirts still weren't in, and was told I had to sit in the seat that I was allocated in the paddock area. Worried for the people who are rolling up tomorrow to buy a ticket can see loads kicking off!!

I know a man who was always bragging how much he made being a turnstile operator at the old vic he use to make £200+ per game, if you don't think the same thing was not happening at vale park then you are very blinkered indeed. Cash turnstile are a thing of the past lets move on.

I worked on the gates at vale when I was 15. Saw it happen with my own eyes. Some old guy who taught me how to operate the turnstiles etc was quite brazen about it on my first day doing it.

I worked on the gates at vale when I was 15. Saw it happen with my own eyes. Some old guy who taught me how to operate the turnstiles etc was quite brazen about it on my first day doing it.
People used to say it was Billy Bell declaring low gates, is the truth coming out?

People used to say it was Billy Bell declaring low gates, is the truth coming out?

Not really. Most common scam was you got loads trying to get through for concessions. They charged full price and pocketed the difference. The turnstile clocked through as normal, and the books 'balanced'. You saw the odd disabled or overweight person pay the turnstile operator and then nip rough the large gate. That didn't clock on the turnstile and therefore 'didn't exist'.

Archived