onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

busy ticket office

steve boomer

Advert

Our last three home games - Burton, Northampton and today - have effectively been all ticket. They have been our three biggest crowds for ages. I don't see how having to get a ticket in advance has put hundreds of people off attending??

Today wasn't all ticket though . Plus it's league one not the freaking premiership , I'm all for the future just not at the expense of an hour of my life for soemthing that should take a minute .

When was the last opening day crowd bigger than todays?

In 1990 our first home game was against Wolves (first game was away at Oxford) and we had 12,000 in but that was in the Second Division (Championship). The last time we had a bigger first home gate before that was three weeks after England won the World Cup!

Today wasn't all ticket though . Plus it's league one not the freaking premiership , I'm all for the future just not at the expense of an hour of my life for soemthing that should take a minute .

Today was all ticket - you couldn't pay cash on the turnstiles and the tickets were available for some days before the game. This was just the same situation as Northampton and Burton.

The problem at Vale at the moment is that we are having to be dragged from the 19th century into the 21st all in one go.

Our last three home games - Burton, Northampton and today - have effectively been all ticket. They have been our three biggest crowds for ages. I don't see how having to get a ticket in advance has put hundreds of people off attending??

If the match is attractive they will come, and buying tickets in advance becomes a habit. Today`s display will sell more tickets. The missing hundreds will always be talked about since they can`t be counted, if gates go down, they were at the Vale before anyway.

People who don't want to come will always hide behind an excuse not to come. It easy to say I can't be ****ed to queue.

Add it too the list of, I'm not going whilst bell is in charge, I hate Horton, I'm not walking through the gates till he goes. V2001 are killing the club, they won't get my money etc etc. if queuing 20 mins is all you have to worry about in your football club be thankful, its ok.

How do you think teams who get 50k every week get on? The answer is season tickets holders who turn up 20 mins before kick off probably won't see it.

Seeing all the trouble that people had today, I'm glad that I have a ST. Not to sound like an end of a bell, would getting down there earlier help, or can the club do more too?

It's quite simply for me.

Instead of having to queue once to hand over my hard earned, I now have to queue up twice and am expected to make a separate journey/go out of my way/change my whole match day routine to do so. All I want to do is give the club my money.

I'll have no gripes once the online facility is set up (as long as you can print your own tickets or they send them in the post) but until then it's actually a backwards step. There's a Wrexham fan on another forum who came as a neutral today and had to queue for half an hour and therefore missed the first 15 minutes. I'm sure he/she got a great impression of the set-up and will be gagging to hand over his/her £22 again soon...

It's quite simply for me.

Instead of having to queue once to hand over my hard earned, I now have to queue up twice and am expected to make a separate journey/go out of my way/change my whole match day routine to do so. All I want to do is give the club my money.

I'll have no gripes once the online facility is set up (as long as you can print your own tickets or they send them in the post) but until then it's actually a backwards step. There's a Wrexham fan on another forum who came as a neutral today and had to queue for half an hour and therefore missed the first 15 minutes. I'm sure he/she got a great impression of the set-up and will be gagging to hand over his/her £22 again soon...

Agree 100% mate, it is not so much you have to get the ticket it is the effort that supporters are now EXPECTED to go to to get in! As I said in a previous message there is no benefit to supporters all the gains are for the club imo.

I dont think a cash turnstile would help unless it was by the ticket office.... because people would look at the queue at one and go to the other... if it wasnt near the ticket office people would spend more time walking between the two and probably find queues at both.

All that is needed is a simple system that can also be used when things go wrong... like a printer malfunction or a computer crash.

Agree 100% mate, it is not so much you have to get the ticket it is the effort that supporters are now EXPECTED to go to to get in! As I said in a previous message there is no benefit to supporters all the gains are for the club imo.

Give it time to settle, then how will it be a lot of effort to buy a ticket then walk to a turnstile? Assuming you only want to pay cash on the day. Big cup games have never allowed that.

I dont think a cash turnstile would help unless it was by the ticket office.... because people would look at the queue at one and go to the other... if it wasnt near the ticket office people would spend more time walking between the two and probably find queues at both.

All that is needed is a simple system that can also be used when things go wrong... like a printer malfunction or a computer crash.

If things go wrong, do what other clubs do, simple enough for our ticket office to find out.

Give it time to settle, then how will it be a lot of effort to buy a ticket then walk to a turnstile? Assuming you only want to pay cash on the day. Big cup games have never allowed that.

Don't get me wrong I am not against the club sellling tickets but it would be nice if there was a choice and you could still pay on the day at the gate(even if it was just available in one stand would be good for the customer),once available online this will be a step forward I can see there are many benefits for the club but for us supporters it is now not as easy or convenient(sp?) to get into the ground as it was by just paying cash on the turnstyle as it now takes more of your time up as you either have to order online/phone & pick up or make a special visit to purchase your ticket (all these take up your time or cost money) or you can take the risk on match day that you will not have a long wait to buy a ticket. I'm sure it will improve as people get used to it let's just hope a lot aren't put off in the meantime, I guess tuesday will be a more severe test of the system as 3-4000 season ticket holders may have to buy a ticket, let's hope we don't all turn up at 20 minutes before!

Archived