onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

Time for a steady performance to bring in 3 points. The ups and downs of football are not good for the nerves, and new players need time to settle, but am always hopeful of a memorable home debut. We seem to do better against the higher placed teams, but need to wrap the game up in the first half if possible to settle the nerves.

Advert

Well after witnessing the last two performances i hope we can move some players on before the next game .

My Team

Lainton

Gibbons Anderson Jules

Worrall Tonge Kay Montano

Hannant

Pope Harness

Its a 3 -4-1-2 formation with added Height at the back ,Montanos speed on the left and Worrall on the right ,the new lad in a hole looks a clever good footballer to me and Pope and Harness to close down from the front and lead the charge the other way .

i wonder how many second half hat trick of goals this season have we conceded ,of the top of my head Swindon ,Mansfield Accrington for threegames where first half we didnt remotely look like conceding few twos Grimsby Accrington at home etc .

We lack courage to keep the ball out of our net .

Something needs to change theres a weak mentality amongst certain individuals .

I spent over 100 quid on me and my son on sat for the awayday after all that encouragement we vocally gave first half to lose like that was absurd .

But it keeps happening and its to often for my liking .

Certain players need to be moved on ,dropped and lets c if any of the others have the mental strength that Aspo used play with

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Well after witnessing the last two performances i hope we can move some players on before the next game .

My Team

Lainton

Gibbons Anderson Jules

Worrall Tonge Kay Montano

Hannant

Pope Harness

Its a 3 -4-1-2 formation with added Height at the back ,Montanos speed on the left and Worrall on the right ,the new lad in a hole looks a clever good footballer to me and Pope and Harness to close down from the front and lead the charge the other way .

i wonder how many second half hat trick of goals this season have we conceded ,of the top of my head Swindon ,Mansfield Accrington for threegames where first half we didnt remotely look like conceding few twos Grimsby Accrington at home etc .

We lack courage to keep the ball out of our net .

Something needs to change theres a weak mentality amongst certain individuals .

I spent over 100 quid on me and my son on sat for the awayday after all that encouragement we vocally gave first half to lose like that was absurd .

But it keeps happening and its to often for my liking .

Certain players need to be moved on ,dropped and lets c if any of the others have the mental strength that Aspo used play with

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Not sure about the ability of Montano to defend , doesn't strike me as a worker who will be a good wing back.

Agreed on Smith being left out. Far worse in this division than he was against better players last year ( but still learning his trade )

Odd to think a month ago this was a clash of the two form teams... now both are in poor form.

I'd give Jules a run at left back or play a 3 center half system.

4 points minimum from the next 2 IMO.

Spot on VF16, 5 without a win including some very poor results.

If it is to be 4 points which is bare minimum we need to take the full 3 off Morecambe.

We certainly need something from this one, for me aspin has to change it, the midfield for me is just way off the pace, we can't keep picking Kay and tongue together. I'd certainly look to drop tongue, as well as boot who just isn't football league standard and Pugh who is way past his best.

Lainton

Gibbons

Smith

Anderson

Jules

Worrall

Kay

Hannant

Harness

Whitfield

Pope

We certainly need something from this one, for me aspin has to change it, the midfield for me is just way off the pace, we can't keep picking Kay and tongue together. I'd certainly look to drop tongue, as well as boot who just isn't football league standard and Pugh who is way past his best.

Lainton

Gibbons

Smith

Anderson

Jules

Worrall

Kay

Hannant

Harness

Whitfield

Pope

That’s what I would go with.

Hannant had a good game the other day from what I’ve heard. He Should be a bit more settled and less nervous after a full week of training with the team.

Odd to think a month ago this was a clash of the two form teams... now both are in poor form.

I'd give Jules a run at left back or play a 3 center half system.

4 points minimum from the next 2 IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't go 3 at the back as Jules is supposed to have pace,my concern is with Pugh and Tonge tbh but Aspin seems to like them

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't go 3 at the back as Jules is supposed to have pace,my concern is with Pugh and Tonge tbh but Aspin seems to like them

After Saturday I'd consider dropping both of them too and maybe even go 3 at the back, but the left side is a problem. Who could play wing back there?

Gk lainton

Rb gibbons

Lb Jules

Cm Kay

Cb Smith

Cb Anderson

Rm Worrall

Cm tongue

Cf pope

Cf Barnett

Lm Hannant

Need 2 upfront and Whitfield not played well enough last 3 games and doesn't look fit so id bench him plus Barnett did well at Colchester away if I remember rightly.

Subs boot Davis Pugh Wilson harness Whitfield Forrester

Hopefully I haven't missed a obvious player out.

Archived