onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Cheltenham Town

Fosse69

The long journey has started, step by step match by match it will go. Shuffle the players until Xmas and make the plans. At least there are a few more days for the Dream Team to tweak a team together to go for a win. Think the old heads and legs will have to give way eventually .

Advert

Fosse69 I can’t even think about this game really! But I’ll put my two pennerth in and say we need two up front and they should be Barnett/turner

Gibbons is nailed on for me

Worrall should start

Anderson unless injured should be bought in

Boot in goal

As for formation that’s anyone’s guess tbh

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

2 goals in 5 for Popey - think he should be starting alongside Turner.

Worell in the middle.

Gunning and Kay out - Davis has more clean sheets (Oldham and Newcastle)

Not sure on Roos - Give Boot a try!

We keep losing though! So the system has to change and that doesn’t include pope from the start I’m afraid

The in-Breds down the road play crouch as sub late on he’s saves their skin endless times we can use pope in the same way not saying for one minute he can’t score just needs be in the 6 yard box to do it so when he comes on we change system to suit but we’re starting him and so everything gets worked around him and that’s why we’re where we are in the league.

We went up under MA because we play to his strengths

We will go down this time because we are trying to fit everyone else around pope

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Makes me laugh quotes like 'another poor side'.

Really.?

Comfortable in mid table on 17 points which is 12 points above relegation.

On a decent run having beaten Mansfield and Swindon.

We couldn't get a point off Chesterfield and only drew with Forest Green.

STOP assuming we just got to turn up to win as many took that view yesterday.

Just hope the fans turn up like they did yesterday and give Aspin a chance to a least stabilise us until reinforcements can be signed. He may be restricted in terms of new signings, but he can work on fitness and make us a 90 minute team.

If they aren’t fit now they never will be, if you bring a fitness regime in now then they’ll totally fu@@in die!! That should’ve been sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We certainly need to stop this alarming habit of falling away after half time but I thought Brown was supposed to be the fitness king and had got these lads ready to run two marathons each day!

I'd give Aspin and his staff a few games to assess everyone and then we need to stick to our best XI and not continually shuffle the pack.

But don't ask me what our best XI is. I don't think Bruno ever knew that and Brown certainly didn't.

The first half yesterday was encouraging and we need to build on that and be stronger, mentally and physically, in the second half of games, but that's easier said than done when confidence is low.

If the Club has ever needed our support it's right now!

Just hope the fans turn up like they did yesterday and give Aspin a chance to a least stabilise us until reinforcements can be signed. He may be restricted in terms of new signings, but he can work on fitness and make us a 90 minute team.

Bizarre, given that Michael Brown inherited an unfit team and fitness would be the no.1 priority.

Is this just manager speak?

Proof of the pudding, however, is there for all to see.

Archived