onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams.

ollyandpatch

Advert

Did Gillingham have the problems to deal with bofore the season started - NO.

So hopefully it will go to MA's for all his hard work. He said it was emotional and his interview came across like that as well.

Thank you for your efforts and those of your team. You kept the players in check and helped them. Some of the time we fans could not understand your subsitutions etc.. but you got us there.

Next week another 3 points and the fans will be your 12th man again as we are going to own the ground.

Love him or hate him, MA has done the business. He kept the squad together, gelled a winning combination somehow week by week and has got promotion. Yes, we all criticised him throughout the campaign for various reasons but at the end of the day he is the Gaffer and has obvious respect from the vast majority of the Club. His interview shows what it did mean to him and he now knows also the passion of Valiants way of life. Well done Mickey, long may you continue to help us up the Leagues.

I think his man management is fantastic, the players all seem to love playing for him.

"Slight" gripe is that he needs to be more tactically astute when teams come to Vale and play a negative 4-5-1 and we get overrun in midfield.

But the guy's a legend, he's turned this club around. Remember what we were like under Sinnott/Glover?! I'd love to buy him a pint.

Well done, Mickey - you thoroughly deserve all the praise and adulation heaped your way on these pages. Like us all, you have your faults and I've been critical when things have gone wrong but you have proved all the doubters wrong. You will go down as a legend in Vale folklore. Tom Pope summed it up when he said that you were the one who kept the players together in those dark early days, keeping everyone's spirits up. True leadership.

Emotional and lost for words. After Saturday, I hope you enjoy a well-deserved break with your family and come back refreshed to lead us to another great season. Thank you, Mickey!

Slip of pen , still in euphoria!! Can't be many though that didn't criticise him at some point in the season!

I think it was only a minority that criticised him, the players back him the new owners backed him and he has delivered the goods. I was humbled to see him in tears and speechless on the television interviews. Well done Micky for a great season and delivered with a glut of goals.

I think if gets someone like Page, who is an up and coming coach who has been doing his qualifications to help more with the tactical side of things, then we've got a great management team. We've had a lot of sides this year who have been successful coming to Vale Park, sticking 10 men behind the ball and getting results. There will not be as many teams in League 1 doing that.

Mickey has a great eye in the transfer market and his man-management skills are excellent. Let's see what he can do in the summer with a good budget and no mither going on in the background. I suspect we may be pleasantly surprised.

Archived